Kimber 8TC speaker cable on vantage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H2O

Reaction score
Anyone have tried to split the 8TC ( bi-wired) cables for high and low at speaker ends and removing jumper. Does it help ?

Anyone have tried to split the 8TC ( bi-wired) cables for high and low at speaker ends and removing jumper. Does it help ?

I don't recommend to split the 8TC to 4x4 conductors. If you check carefully the conductors you should notice their diameter are not the same (ok it's no easy to see that) so you cannot guarantee you'll get the same cable impedance at the binding post and same current. This is the way Kimber design their cable.

In general you'll get better sound by bi-wiring properly your speakers but you should get cables with the same impedance. It will depend of your amp as well.

What you can do is to remove the jumpers and replace them with some piece of good quality cable and keep the 8TC as is (single wire).

You can get a couple of 4TC to bi-wire if you like.

I'm not sure but you may get a bi-wire version of the 4TC/8TC. Check with your dealer.

Patrick

Hello,
Bi Wiring provides no advantages for the Summit, Spire, and Vantage. ML provides the dual terminals so that owners can use their biwired cables. With the Vista, the dual terminals provide the option of bi amping.
Cheers,
ML

No mate, it does not help. In my opinion a couple of 8TC would improve some things, but not huge improvment.

Attachments

• Kimber 8 TC split on ML Vantage II.jpg
    Kimber 8 TC split on ML Vantage II.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,441
Back