Chuck Mangione - Jazz Brother

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Artist - Chuck Mangione
Title - "Jazz Brother"
Year- Remastered @ Fantasy Studios 1977
Label - Milestone Records
Genre - Jazz

While in NYC this past week and while my wife and another couple were doing a tour I wasn't interested in I went 'Vinyl Hunting' and came up with this little gem. It is for the most part remastered tracks from Chuck's original recordings, 'Hey Baby', 'The Jazz Brothers', 'Recuerdo'.

With Chuck on trumpet (this preceeded his Fugglehorn days), his brother Gap on piano; along with Sal Nistico, tenor Sax; Steve Davis, bass; Roy McCurdy, drums. The album provides a great compulation from his early years in the sixties when they(Chuck and Gap) were know as "The Jazz Brothers".

One of Mangione's mentor's Dizzie Gillespie, presented him with a "up-do" trumpet which sounded wonderfull played through my Logans !

When I was a young man back in the early seventies working in Rochester, NY I was fortunate to get to see and listen to both Chuck and Gap perform at various clubs in the Upstate NY area. This album helps to re-kindle those memories.

A welcome addition to my Chuck Mangione collection.

Attachments

• jazzbrother.jpg
    jazzbrother.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 458

Latest posts

Back