How fast do you guys type?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Just amused myself with this little stint... apparently I type faster than I thought: 64wpm!

Not bad considering I taught myself how to type with the Microsoft Natural Keyboard. Before this, I "pecked"... as I came to this country AFTER typing classes started at my grade school (I came when I was in 5th grade). :(

http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

98 wpm.

I came to the US when I was 15 and started 10th grade. That's when I started learning English.

We had to get clocked for a tech support job I did, and I came out at 99wpm..

The instructor didn't believe me (thought I had cheated) and made me repeat it with him watching.

101wpm.

He said it was a record for that company :rocker:

61 wpm ... 2 mistakes ... My brain was going so fast my hands couldn't keep up.

WOW! Some of you guys are FAST!! I took typing in 8th grade but moved before I finished the school year and the new school did not have typing for that grade. I then took it in 9th grade and was the ONLY freshman, and one of the only guys in the class! I was also the 2nd fastest! I think I got up in to the low 80 wpm range w/ 1-2 errors. That was a big deal then of course on the IBM Selectric typewriters! Now a mistake is no biggie! Thank god, I am sloppy now days, but still pretty fast. My wife was sitting at her desk behind me the other night and commented about how fast I type!

57 w/ 1 mistake ( I went back and fixed them as I typed). I have never had any formal or informal training, and likely type "wrong" but it gets the job done. :)

I spend too much time on the computer at work and home. In the jet, our keyboards are laid out alphabetically though instead of the qwerty style.
anyone have that blackberry pearl? I was thinking of getting one but having two letters per key is kinda scaring me off

Did 2 more tries and average is 96wpm!

Didn't think I type that fast?!

Fastest 104wpm but with 6 mistakes haha...

Last edited:
Geez Yang... over 100? Man... blaaazing. I thought my gf was fast already... and she didnt even top 90.

65 on my first try, 5 mistakes that I did not catch as I was trying to get through as fast as possible, but I know that I hit the backspace button several times. I find that I type much faster when I am not copying from another text. Normally I am just typing from my own head or taking notes from customers on the phone while trying to troubleshoot the problem. Not quite as fast as most of you, but it will work. First learned in High School, I think we were the very LAST class to use the electric typewriters. :D

-capT

I did 58, but I bet I made at least 10-15 errors that I "felt" and corrected via backspaces as I typed. My final result had no errors. I'll try again sometime when I'm not so tired and it isn't past midnight. (I think I've timed at 85-90 wpm in my long-ago past, but I'm 60 now and you slow down in your old age. :D )

67wpm, 20 errors (all no caps and two spaces that were out of place, affecting the words on either side) no actual spelling errors other than the resulting mis-shaped words due to the bad space.
the caps....well, most software does that automatically so i didn't think to. just used to being lazy.
:)
I'll try it again and see if I average out...and make an effort to capitalize.

my secretary is on vacation this week, so you'll have to wait for her reply.

Back