In need of a "Comfort" upgrade !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
With all the talk about our various equipment upgrades, changes, etc. I thought I'd ask the group to share their likes /dislikes and any recomendations as to an 'ideal' listening chair. Next to not fatiguing our ears during a session I for one feel that right behind room acoustics our bottom and lower back comfort is possibly the most overlooked !

The reason I said recomendation is I'm not happy with my current chair, it's a cheap Dane decor knockoff that has lousy lumbar support. So I'm looking for thoughts on a replacement, it needs to be mobile so I can position it into the 'sweet spot'.

Attachments

• IMG_0681.JPG
    IMG_0681.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 234
Hmm.. I'd consider a panasonic massage chair!!! Put it in the sweet spot and you can really relax while doing some critical listening.

Only one chair for me.... the Zero Gravity Perfect Chair II....

Monte bene!!

Joey :) :)

Ok ok... Tom pointed this out.... I apparently have created my own language..

It's not "monte bene"... it's Molto bene!

So, once again... Dave, get the Zero Gravity Perfect Chair II because it's molto bene!!!

Joey :D

So, once again... Dave, get the Zero Gravity Perfect Chair II because it's molto bene!!!

Joey :D

Joey, How bout a pic or a link.
I had a birthday in January where I told the wife I'd like a listening chair.
I got shirts instead:mad:
So I've been on the look out for something cheap.
That matches the current decor to keep the wife happy.

Wayne,

Your wish is my command!

perfectescape.jpg

inhelepechpc_pic.jpg

B0000UNPUW.01-A14X2WOLPJFQSS._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

That's what I'm getting when I have my own place... next year!

Joey

comfort

Hey, maybe listening like this would sound better? It would help you feel better. You never know....

Last edited:
Hey, maybe listening like this would sound better? It would help you feel better. You never know....

Yeah, but it would be a real pain in the butt to get my Summits hung upside down from the ceiling in order to get proper stereo imaging with that thing. :D

For my new listening room, I have ordered some Ekornes Stressless chairs. I love the way they feel. Great back support and very comfortable.

Upside down soundstage would be hilarious!!

Seriously though, the Zero G chairs are cool because you can adjust the recline angle.. for music listening, recline it just a little bit. For relaxation and HT, you can probably recline back a little.

Joey

I have always loved the Le Corbusier designed LC4 in pony hide.

Attachments

• LeCorbusiersPonybig.jpg
    LeCorbusiersPonybig.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 195
This may be way out of the price range but it’s a classic. The Charles Eames chair and ottoman.

Attachments

• zm_9170_1.jpg
    zm_9170_1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 191
What are all these chairs with headrests - they only spoil the acoustics for me - it MUST be clear behind the ears. I'll take a piccy of mine and post it tonight!

I agree, a listening chair needs to have a shorter back to let your head be open to the reflections from the rear :)

What are all these chairs with headrests - they only spoil the acoustics for me - it MUST be clear behind the ears.

That's right. The only head rest allowed is the kind you all have in your cars. One should do some DIY on a seat taken from a car junkyard - the car seats are theoretically engineered for long periods of seating - and roll his own.

Latest posts

Back