Pulling the trigger on new amplification...(Joey-itis has taken hold)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
I'm going to look and listen to some monoblock amplifiers tomorrow. What kind, you ask? Well, in the tradition of our beloved J:devil: ey, I will not tell you that, but will give you a couple of hints:

It is said that Gayle Sanders has a pair of these.
ML uses this company's amplifiers for shows.

OK.. I can't do this.. Parasound JC1 monoblocks!

Got my bonus yesterday and there's a local guy who has a pair for sale, so I'm gonna go check them out and "perhaps" make him an offer.

YAY!

Last edited:
Parasound JC1 Mono-Blocks...

Tom,

:drool: Parasound JC1's :drool:
Cool Beans... :D I hope the audition goes well and they can become a powerful part of your system. :cheers:

Attachments

• parasound%20jc1.jpg
    parasound%20jc1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 219
Got my bonus yesterday and there's a local guy who has a pair for sale, so I'm gonna go check them out and "perhaps" make him an offer.

YAY!

Nice try Tom, you are "perhaps" going to make an offer;) . Meanwhile the title of your thread says "pulling the trigger." I think you should be honest and say "I cant get the thought of owning these out of my head and really, really, really hope he takes my offer." We have all been there, I do appreciate your trying to be low-key about it but have you been able to think of anything else? Just a hint, borrow someone elses car when you go to make the offer. A smoking hot M3 might make him think you can afford an extra few bucks.

Good Luck:cheers:

Just a hint, borrow someone elses car when you go to make the offer. A smoking hot M3 might make him think you can afford an extra few bucks.

Heck no, drive up in a Yugo, that way he might feel sorry for you !!

Good Luck !

Heck no, drive up in a Yugo, that way he might feel sorry for you !!

Good Luck !

Right, Tom has a smoking hot M3. Maybe you can find a bus route to drop you off, and ask if you can pay with change you have been saving since you were 11.

On another note maybe Tom could add a Joey-itis forum to the list. Its really not a bad idea to have a seperated forum for upgrades. Plus I am assuming Joey would get a kick out of it.

Last edited:
We'll definitely not take the M3.... Kerry's Camry will suffice. It's got a couple of dents, etc. ROFL!

The current owner has accepted my offer already, so unless I show up and they're not what he said they are, it's a done deal.

This is only phase 1 of my upgrade plan. Phase 2 is new surrounds and a new processor, but that'll have to be later (much later) in the year.

We'll definitely not take the M3.... Kerry's Camry will suffice. It's got a couple of dents, etc. ROFL!

The current owner has accepted my offer already, so unless I show up and they're not what he said they are, it's a done deal.

This is only phase 1 of my upgrade plan. Phase 2 is new surrounds and a new processor, but that'll have to be later (much later) in the year.

EXCELLENT! What is the processor you are looking into? Going for something w/ HDMI 1.3 or does that matter to you?

YAHHHHHH!!! :D

JC-1s!!! I would've never guessed! But great choice!! I know Rtagle uses those in his system... wowee!

Everytime I log on, someone has upgraded something! Geeezz... ;) .

The seller just called.. He has had a change of heart and decided NOT to sell the JC1's.... :mad:

The search continues.

WTH?!?!?!?!??! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I got all worked up for nothing... sorry to hear that, Tom. Dont worry, another will come along! I waited years before I got my big chief Rotel 1090... many missed deals. And let's not forget how long I lusted over the Plinius....

Yeah.. he sounded so sad when he called.. like he just didn't want to let them go after all.

No harm, no foul... I understand... Another set will come along.

Yeah.. he sounded so sad when he called.. like he just didn't want to let them go after all.

No harm, no foul... I understand... Another set will come along.

Tom,
I think it's destiny.....Can you say Accuphase? I knew you could.....;)

Oh and SEE Joey?! If you tell people before the deal is done it's bad luck. Tom, son't tell us next time :p

Hey Radu,

I've never heard of them.. Kinda had my heart set on the JC1s... Will wait patiently until some more become available locally.

Thanks.
Tom.

Back