This is not; I repeat, NOT..... Joeyitis!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expanding, not changing.

I'm coming from far away on this one, so please be patient with me - what I am trying to do is a synthesis of several things that occured lately, both in my life and in the ML CLub's.

We read and post here mainly because we love music, we love music perceived through good gear and Martin Logans, and also because with time a friendly relationship has developed, with people sharing the same ideals and goals, people that see things in a similar way as we do.

Lately, some polls highlited the truth: we've spent together the yearly budget of a small country for equipment, but in the race for compensating the holes in our wallets we don't have enough time to enjoy our systems; we're trying to make our gear sound more and more and better and better, but suffer from the fact that a day only has 24 hours in it, most of them spent on something else and no possibilities in sight to revert this. We read more HiFI than we listen to it, in search of the holy grail of audio nirvana that can compensate with 30 minutes of listening the hours and days we've been left without music. My simple answer to this has been: forget about ML and concentrate on music. There are more or less 16 active hours in my day-by-day life, and 10 are spent in the office. I can enjoy music in the office, but I can't listen to it through ML's, that's why I tried to find the next best thing, and given the constraints of my work and workplace, a headphone-based solution came first in the race.

Of course, I had to find something fulfilling a couple of basic dogmas:

- a revealing sound, in the good old ML tradition;
- a confortable set, allowing for hours and hours of wearing it with no drawbacks;
- a solution that would allow me to hear the phone ringing while I listen to music;
- a touch of special, like hard to find and best bang 4 the buck stuff
and some more criteria that I don't need to write down because you'll be able to figure it out yourselves.

All this led me to the actual situation, reflected in my sistem in the first post under "office".
I really enjoy it a lot...This post does not have much to do with the ML Club, but it has a lot to do with the club ML, which is built around people sharing the love for music. If you find yourselves in a similar situation, give it a try.

Attachments

• Of3.jpg
    Of3.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 58
  • of2.jpg
    of2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 59
  • of1.jpg
    of1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 60
I knew it was some sort of a headphone amp....

Good job Lugano! Nice 701s you got there also!

Very nice mini-setup you have! Even though you are a Mac fan.... our both enjoying AKG headphones far exceeds all barriers!

Latest posts

Back