System #163 (Vistas, Cinema)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zach, it's nice to see the progression your systems have been making. Don't forget to check out the "Gon" for used racks as well.

Zach, it's nice to see the progression your systems have been making. Don't forget to check out the "Gon" for used racks as well.

Thanks for the tip, thats were I bought the BAT stuff from. Its really amazing how much the sound changes with each upgrade. I have put a few hours on this preamp so far today and I really think it was the best upgrade I have made so far. Going from Aerius to the Vistas gave a nice return but the sound isnt really night and day. I like the Bat amp better than the Krell KAV-250a I used to own. But without a doubt the sound changed so much more with a better stereo preamp. Everything in the system sounds like its worth the money. It really is a night and day change, completely different.

Thanks for the tip, thats were I bought the BAT stuff from. Its really amazing how much the sound changes with each upgrade. I have put a few hours on this preamp so far today and I really think it was the best upgrade I have made so far. Going from Aerius to the Vistas gave a nice return but the sound isnt really night and day. I like the Bat amp better than the Krell KAV-250a I used to own. But without a doubt the sound changed so much more with a better stereo preamp. Everything in the system sounds like its worth the money. It really is a night and day change, completely different.

Zach, you know I'm a die hard BAT guy and can only reinforce your observations. My current VK-31SE started life as a VK-30SE and mine's mated to a SS BAT amp in the form of the VK-6200. Great, great equipment in my opinion and you'll be hearing deeper into every recording you throw on the system for some time to come. Enjoy!

Some day, (when the finances recover) I recommend having Victor transform you unit to VK-31 status. Probably not as much of an increase over where you started to where you are now, but well worth the cost for the improvement in an even quieter background, a tighter bottom end with even more extension, and even more detail. Great company to do business with by the way. They make you feel like they really care about making you happy.

Last edited:
The Vantages are in and hooked up. Pizza is on the table but I will post some pics as soon as I have a chance (not that they look much different but the room has changed a bit).

Bat

:eek:

Those bat units are sick!@!@ I really like the look of them, sleek but aggressive! I'm sure they sound even better!

Love to see the system grow and grow.
Congrats:rocker:

The Vantages are in and hooked up. Pizza is on the table but I will post some pics as soon as I have a chance (not that they look much different but the room has changed a bit).

Ohhh.... :cheers: .

Here they are, the new Vantages. The look pretty much the same as the Vistas but there have some other improvements made to the room. Such as the HEMP rug. Thats right, HEMP. My good friend Mike said that if my house ever catches on fire we may have stay in the living room for a couple of minutes;) . Its really a great room for listening however I think that having the speakers not exactly in the center of the room effects my soundstaging a bit. Sometimes the center seems to be just a tad to the right. Throw in a couple of chairs and we all have plenty of room to sit and crack jokes. So if any of you are ever town feel free to drop by.

Attachments

• overhead.jpg
    overhead.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 342
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 343
Beautiful, Clean, WAF friendly, and a great place to have a small get together. I am so glad you went with a 2 channel with 5.1 capabilities. The best of both worlds. I always wanted to hear a BAT. Thanks for sharing

Here they are, the new Vantages. The look pretty much the same as the Vistas but there have some other improvements made to the room. Such as the HEMP rug. Thats right, HEMP. My good friend Mike said that if my house ever catches on fire we may have stay in the living room for a couple of minutes;) . Its really a great room for listening however I think that having the speakers not exactly in the center of the room effects my soundstaging a bit. Sometimes the center seems to be just a tad to the right. Throw in a couple of chairs and we all have plenty of room to sit and crack jokes. So if any of you are ever town feel free to drop by.

And w/ the reef tank in the wall! Man, it just does not get any better than that! LOVE IT! Great look to the room!!!

Hey all, I havent been around for a while but I'm still here lurking from time to time. Of course, I still have the Logans.

Back