Wow! The amazing story of Pakistani athlete Maria Toorpakai

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuwee

Reaction score
I saw a clip about her a few days ago and, WOW! Just WOW! amazing story of a young girl living in a repressed area of the world living her dream with the full support of her family :rocker:

Freakin' awesome!!! I don't mean any offense to those who live and believe in that part of the planet but....I love seeing a girl kick some a$$ in a male sport!!

Rehan, could you give us more about her?

link, http://mariatoorpakai.org/marias-story/

I saw a story on the net recently about a girl who toured Pakistan on her motorbike, which is something rare in those parts.

I saw a clip about her a few days ago and, WOW! Just WOW! amazing story of a young girl living in a repressed area of the world living her dream with the full support of her family :rocker:

Freakin' awesome!!! I don't mean any offense to those who live and believe in that part of the planet but....I love seeing a girl kick some a$$ in a male sport!!

Rehan, could you give us more about her?

link, http://mariatoorpakai.org/marias-story/

Maria is a outlier or a statistical rarity. In Pakistan, though I cannot provide concrete evidence, there are many extremely talented people physically or intellectually or both. But due to lack of opportunities to train or educate themselves effectively, rarely reach international or global standard.

Women in Pakistan, I know from experience interacting with them, have a conscience to work to the best of their abilities, shun violence and terrorism, are very humane and are very nurturing and caring. They are all the good things a majority of men folk in Pakistan are not.

It is terrible the way our backward and in some areas barbaric society values prevent women from reaching their full potential. This backwardness of society has nothing to do with true Islam. The repressive backward form of Islam that is practiced in most of Pakistan, is not in spirit or essence, like the enlightened religion put forward by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

This is a very sensitive topic. Outspoken critics of Pakistan status quo and those who try to practically implement positive change are threatened by and fear personal or family member’s bodily harm and financial ruin. Therefore few people try to change things for the better.

Lastly I would like to inform that we do have a positive change agent who is also like Maria an outlier or statistical rarity. He is Imran Khan. It is hoped that if his political party wins the next public mandate we may see Pakistan status quo improving drastically. He has risked his life and complete financial ruin for the betterment of people of Pakistan. if only people understand his sacrifice and vote for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Rehan! My intent was not about politics or even religion to keep within bounds of the forum.

I find it facsinating that a young women can do what she has done....but had to act as a man to do it and showed the men how it's done! I hope more women can do these things as women in the new world comming that way.

Back