CLS1 panel connector

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin900

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Can you tell me if there is another connector hidden between the big plug that shoves on the PCB with the audio circuit and the panel itself?
I remember the Aerius having a kind of a block connector.
My speakers are the CLS1 but not the oldest version.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hola. As far as I remember, that's the only one connector (White color). With the help of a little flat screwdriver, you have to take off the three cables off of this connector. Once you have done this, you have to route them through the frame wooden hole. Do not pull out these three cables, because you could brake the solder joints at the stat panels. With patience you are done. Happy listening!

Hello roberto,

Thanks for the answer! I bought them from someone who had them stored for years. They have a nice punch and are quite efficient, the panels are perfectly clean and the mylar is still very tight but one of the speakers seems to lack power in the midrange, it sounds like it plays louder to the back than to the front of the panel and the farther away you move from the speakers, the more apparent the volume difference becomes.

I've already cleaned the connectors and the 3 pads on the PCB as these became heavily oxidized due to HV and age, but it didn't help. They do sound a little bit more fresh and airy now, though.

I also tried swapping the electronics but it didn't help either - the problem is clearly somewhere in the panel, that's the reason I asked if there was another block connector hidden inside the frame, which could've been heavily oxidized too.
Not being sure what kind of CLS I actually have (these are my first ML's) I downloaded the short clip I found on this from on how to remove the CLS stat panels but in the vid it looks like the panel is kept in place with velcro, while mine are enclosed in the wooden frame. I tried pushing them out, but the panel is starting to flex and I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it.
I've been told that it could be the wire/tape on the sides of the panel that is gone bad as the mylar just looks to good to be the problem, it was probably already replaced in the past.

Last edited:
I will but I just can't seem to get the stat panel out of the wooden frame. I will post a pic this afternoon!

You have to do it with two people. One holds the frame lay on its side, and the other has to push down from the top outside of the panel hard, trying to bend it as a bow, and when its release at the top of the wooden frame, push with the other hand to have it out of the wooden frame. Its tricky, but its the only way. Think it as a big bow, and you are pulling the string with the arrow. The curvature of the stat panel is released only pushing it from the top of the side against the floor...I do not know if I am explaining it well. Try to get help from ML service dept. Write to Dana ([email protected]), he will guide you better than me.

There is a video or a few pictures somewhere that shows how to do this, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe some else can find it?

Latest posts

Back