Somethings flopping around in my stage center

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projectormovielover

Reaction score
I have a stage center and when I move it I noticed there is a heavy lump flopping around with a noise like grans of sand too. It is the right woofer thats so it not on the power supply side so I decided to open it up. I cliped the cables and began to try dismantle the rest of the speaker but when I took the screws out I cannot take the driver out to look inside. Any of you guys have suggestions?

Hola. You have to pry at the edges of the speaker with a flat screwdriver, because it has a kind of foam seal between the metal frame of the speaker and the wood of the cabinet. With patience, you will get it loose. Happy listening!

Hola. You have to pry at the edges of the speaker with a flat screwdriver, because it has a kind of foam seal between the metal frame of the speaker and the wood of the cabinet. With patience, you will get it loose. Happy listening!

Thanks Roberto, I really love the time and dedication you put into helping the members consistently on this forum. I will get the tools out and start again, I hope the price of a new woofer is not too expensive if it cannot be fixed.

Hey... I love to help!... I think if you contact Dana Brown, [email protected], at Martin Logan Service Department, you will get a quotation. I do not think it would be very expensive. Sometimes, the cap that it is protection the coil of the cone speaker, the adhesive fails. All what you have to do, is remove the cap completely. If it is still bonded to the cone, with a cotton swab and a little dot of thinner, (be careful with the plastic parts, the thinner melts them) apply the thinner and wait about 20 minutes, then remove the cap. Wait about three hours, and apply contact cement at both parts to be glued. This cap is only cosmetic and prevents that a debris could get between the magnet and the coil. Happy listening!

OOOpppsss, reading your post again, the problem is inside the speaker...yes, you have to remove the little woofer to get into that part. Sometimes it is just a little block that became loose. With glue, you are done!

Back