Ceiling

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Hi all. I saw something interesting at a winery I was in. :). On the ceiling they had fabric that was being used as a ceiling decoration. Essentially a large ceiling with billowing fabric in loops to cover the exposed beams etc.

Any opinion on how this would be for a ceiling in a listening room about 9' tall? What type of fabric do you suppose would be best?

I know an odd question but I saw it and wondered if anyone had either tried it or has an opinion on it. Thanks. Timm

Hi all. I saw something interesting at a winery I was in. :). On the ceiling they had fabric that was being used as a ceiling decoration. Essentially a large ceiling with billowing fabric in loops to cover the exposed beams etc.

Any opinion on how this would be for a ceiling in a listening room about 9' tall? What type of fabric do you suppose would be best?

I know an odd question but I saw it and wondered if anyone had either tried it or has an opinion on it. Thanks. Timm

Got pics? It's probably a very light silk material which would do diddly-squat from an acoustical perspective.

I know a dealer who has all walls and ceiling wall papered with polyethylene underneath - he says it helps acoustics - his room is very small but sounds good

Back