aerius board

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ynotony1966

Reaction score
i just got some Aerius 1992's and i swapped wires to the panels cause one was dead. and the good circuitry runs the dead panel just fine. how can i diagnosis it

Attachments

• mla.jpg
    mla.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 213
Hola. First of all, you must have an electronic service skills, otherwise you could get a shock. The first test, its the transformer that it is located at the PS board of course. The secondary would should measure a DC resistance about 1K5 ohms. Less, it must be replaced. Do a comparison with the one that it is O.K. The other thing that usually makes the PS not to work properly are the zenner diodes that are located next to the right at the transformer looking your pic. And the third is the resistors of 15M that are at the end of the hight voltage multiplier, follow the foil connection from the red cable that goes to the panel, at the board, and you will find this 5 resistors 15M that are connected in series. Check for a possible open resistor. Happy listening!

If the "good circuitry" runs the dead panel I'd test the other electronics on the good panel. That will tell you if it's the electronics that are faulty as it sounds like you've just ruled out the panels being bad. If the other electronics power the other panel, then it likely has to be something else like a bad interconnect, power cord or an intermittent connection

What exactly was the problem?

When I glance at your first pic it looks like there's smoke pouring from the transformer....

Latest posts

Back