New Audiogon site... not so great?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the new Audiogon site not so great?

I think it's very cumbersome unless I'm doing things wrong. I can't search for classified items in a particular zip code and I feel like the new search engine is way too sensitive. It searches every text within an ad and not just the title like it did before.

Ugh.

Hey Joey, I have not seen the new Audiogon site, but would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back (WELCOME BACK, JOEY !!!), and make the observation that it's time to update your avatar.....maybe with a picture of your new music room?

LOL! Thanks so much fellas... always feels great to come back!

Older, wiser... no longer 23 when I first started on MLO.

So, change in plans - we are not staying in Chicago anymore... we have found a new place to live and we will be moving shortly halfway across the country!

Found a job there (2 actually) and we have some leads to some great custom home builders there. I will make sure we get a good sized audio room (I've already told and prep'd the wife)!

But yeah... the new audiogon site is a step backwards compared to the old one.

Hey Joey,
welcome back.. Which part of the country are you headed to?

I like the look of the new Agon site, but you're right.. it's sloowww. There's a link at the top that says, "Welcome to the new Audiogon! We are currently in beta. Please read our blog for more information and let us know if something's not working."

Your summits are fine, btw. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Is it just me or is the new Audiogon site not so great?

I think it's very cumbersome unless I'm doing things wrong. I can't search for classified items in a particular zip code and I feel like the new search engine is way too sensitive. It searches every text within an ad and not just the title like it did before.

Ugh.

I'm not liking it, either. What state are you moving to? Colorado? Nebraska?

Change is always challenging... I suppose that goes for both the audiogon site as well as personal relocation.

I very much dislike the change (and glaciality) of the new Agon site. Also don't care for their fee structure trend. I used to use that site a lot. Hardly at all these days.

Good luck on your move west... and to hear you've found two jobs - great news!

Cheers

Hey Joey,
welcome back.. Which part of the country are you headed to?

I like the look of the new Agon site, but you're right.. it's sloowww. There's a link at the top that says, "Welcome to the new Audiogon! We are currently in beta. Please read our blog for more information and let us know if something's not working."

Your summits are fine, btw. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Ah yes... Mr Prez... the Summits are still in great hands!!

Wife and I are moving to Dallas, TX!!

I hear there's quite a few audiophiles down there. :rocker::music:

I'm not liking it, either. What state are you moving to? Colorado? Nebraska?

Change is always challenging... I suppose that goes for both the audiogon site as well as personal relocation.

I very much dislike the change (and glaciality) of the new Agon site. Also don't care for their fee structure trend. I used to use that site a lot. Hardly at all these days.

Good luck on your move west... and to hear you've found two jobs - great news!

Cheers

Thanks fellas! I agree, I hate change, I prefer stability.

2 jobs are great - one will be full time (Texas Health) and the other will be part time (Baylor).

Welcome to Texas! Home of Bush, Perry and ultra right wing politics.

Now...now Steve , I don't see you complaining as a 'retiree' with respect to the tax structure granted !

Hey Joey, 'pops' here, or shall I now say 'grandpop' ! I agree with the 'gon' , some things are better left alone.

Last edited:
Now...now Steve , I don't see you compaining as a 'retiree' with respect to the tax structure granted !

Hey Joey, 'pops' here, or shall I now say 'grandpop' ! I agree with the 'gon' , some things are better left alone.

Grandpop! I emailed them about this new crappier version of a site - they said they'll try to get back the search the way it was and add a zip code search. We shall see.

Well, I see your point here. But some other States managed to figure this out without having to endure G. Bush and other, um, peculiarities... ;)

Welcome to Texas! Home of Bush, Perry and ultra right wing politics.

Ah yes, well at least TX has is one of the best places to practice medicine and the DFW area is one particularly great place to raise a family. Well zoned and has some very affluent areas which shocked me when I came to visit my brother.

I also did a quick check - several nice audio dealers nearby.

Ah yes, well at least TX has is one of the best places to practice medicine and the DFW area is one particularly great place to raise a family. Well zoned and has some very affluent areas which shocked me when I came to visit my brother.

I also did a quick check - several nice audio dealers nearby.

It IS a nice area! And I see you are focusing on the important things...

Now...now Steve , I don't see you complaining as a 'retiree' with respect to the tax structure granted !

Ha ha, I thought that would get a rise out of you. All kidding aside, Texas is a great place to live. Joey, be sure to investigate the property tax structure in the district (MUD, city, county, etc.) where you buy a home, as the rates vary quite a bit. Ft. Worth has a great Blues and Jazz scene, also. I imagine Dallas has great music, too. Of course, the live music center of Austin is just a few hours away. Joey, everything about Dallas is big and bold, as you will find out.

I been to Texas many years ago. Now with major drought which looks not to let up in 2012 is not a good thing. Dust is not good for your audio equipment either.

Ha ha, I thought that would get a rise out of you. All kidding aside, Texas is a great place to live. Joey, be sure to investigate the property tax structure in the district (MUD, city, county, etc.) where you buy a home, as the rates vary quite a bit. Ft. Worth has a great Blues and Jazz scene, also. I imagine Dallas has great music, too. Of course, the live music center of Austin is just a few hours away. Joey, everything about Dallas is big and bold, as you will find out.

Copy that. We are looking at one of the suburbs - Flower Mound, Colleyville, or Southlake. In those areas, the property tax is similar to the suburbs here in Illinois.

I don't think I can live in Dallas itself since the commute would be 30 minutes each way to my work. I hear the Park Cities is REALLY nice. But also very expensive.

Ft Worth would be too far from my job since I'm closer to Dallas.

It IS a nice area! And I see you are focusing on the important things...

Which part? The part about raising a family or the audio dealerships nearby? LOL...

Back