tax cut deal...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
So, what am I not understanding here?

Obama, for months has been calling for a yearlong extension of the payroll tax cut, but got nowhere in congress. Then the Senate came up with a two month extension, so that the details on how to pay for this could be worked out in the new year. Now republicans in congress are saying no, this is unworkable, we want to extend it for a whole year. The party of "no" at work again.

Looks like the heat was too hot, so they got out of the kitchen...The House Republicans just caved, given the intense heat they were taking from...VOTERS!!! Oh, and even McConnell suggested they should grow up, or take the deal, or something like that...

Once republicans in the senate approved it, the house had to go along. But this two month extension should look bad no matter your political persuasion. How many businesses out there were hoping for a 2 month deal? At least make it 3 months to go along with the employer's quarterly federal tax returns. It just goes to show how little the political leaders know about running a business. It should have been done for a year. Businesses need to see some stability at this point in time to make long term budget plans and this does absolutely nothing to help, it just kicks the can down the road.

Once republicans in the senate approved it, the house had to go along. But this two month extension should look bad no matter your political persuasion. How many businesses out there were hoping for a 2 month deal? At least make it 3 months to go along with the employer's quarterly federal tax returns. It just goes to show how little the political leaders know about running a business. It should have been done for a year. Businesses need to see some stability at this point in time to make long term budget plans and this does absolutely nothing to help, it just kicks the can down the road.

Agreed. Both parties need to get their act together. This should have been passed months ago. Whatever happened to compromise? This last minute grandstanding hurt the republicans more than the democrats, I think, even though I thought they were for the payroll tax cut. Just shows how inept congress is, that they couldn't come to an agreement.

Agreed. Both parties need to get their act together. This should have been passed months ago. Whatever happened to compromise? This last minute grandstanding hurt the republicans more than the democrats, I think, even though I thought they were for the payroll tax cut. Just shows how inept congress is, that they couldn't come to an agreement.

I also agree. OK with me if we start the next House of Representatives session with 100% new faces. We need to elect some ADULTS that care about their Country more than about cheap political partisanship. But maybe that's just me...

I agree with the sentiment. A 2 month deal was and is stupid. Even the agency that has to implement the tax cut said that 2 months doesn't even allow them to properly implement the plan.

I also agree that some of the freshman reps (mainly republicans) are completely ignorant when it comes to how to run a government. We need to replace the whole congress with new faces (get rid of all the senators and representatives).

The fight is over how it is paid for. Bush''s tax cuts did not need to address that issue. I like the surtax on income over$1000000 or go back to pre bush rates for income at that level.

The fight is over how it is paid for. Bush''s tax cuts did not need to address that issue. I like the surtax on income over$1000000 or go back to pre bush rates for income at that level.

WHAT??? Now why would the tax cuts not need to be paid for? This fella started TWO wars OF CHOICE, And in doing so squandered the solid financial footing he inherited from President Clinton, and compounded the problem with BIG tax cuts that greatly favored the wealthiest in this Country.

Of course, now that President Obama is in the White House, why, by golly, paying for everything and balancing the budget has suddenly become a big issue. Sorry, but the hypocrisy is just way too strong to let this pass.

Back