So.......how did your investments do today ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My audio gear investments held their own today. My portfolio, not so good <g>.

Playing 2Cellos VERY LOUD right now really helps!

Last edited:
I checked mine this just about sums it up!

Attachments

• mushroom.png
    mushroom.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
The state of denial evident in the EU with the initial Greek rumblings more than a year ago persuaded me to shift the lot into cash. I have seen nothing to change that opinion and the latest machinations of the US government has ensured that I will continue to sit this out - not making a huge amount but not losing in Australia with reasonable cash rates.

I have absolutely no financial expertise but it has become very obvious that the banks do not understand current debt structures and that politicians are incapable of understanding that capitalism is running a big fail at the moment with the concept of the market sorting itself out proving to be an illusion.

The US government is utterly culpable for a large part of this mess - how do you pay off a debt - simple - cut costs and try to earn more ie raise some taxes. The recent stuffing around has only reinforced the perception that the US is nearly ungovernable.

How difficult is it?

Kevin

Meh. The markets are going to have good days and bad days as we struggle to recover from the Bush depression. It took seven years for the markets to fully recover from the great depression. I don't see this one taking quite that long, but certainly longer than your average recession.

We will see if the general public think this is the Bush depression after the election next year. Stay tuned

Per Obama's own words in 2009- “I will be held accountable, I’ve got four years and … A year from now, I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress, but there’s still going to be some pain out there … If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”

So he has about 5 months left to get it done. I'm not sure if he placed a time limit on his healing of the planet or slowing the rise of the oceans.

Considering the circumstances I think we should give him a break and work to elect rational people to congress. Or we can pray or perhaps both.

Considering the circumstances I think we should give him a break and work to elect rational people to congress. Or we can pray or perhaps both.

I quite agree. IF we could have had some adult behavior in Congress perhaps we would be well on the road to recovery by now. Unfortunately, the ONLY agenda item by McConnell and the dimwits in the House (overtly stated) was to ensure Obama would not succeed in restoring the US economy to health after the train wreck of the Bush years, even if ift meant tanking the US Economy. A little statesmanship (anyone remember that?) and putting the Country AHEAD of petty partisan political concerns would have been the ADULT thing to do. Too bad (for all of us) that McConnell and his minions are a bunch of shameful pinheads who only care to ensure the super-rich are well taken care of.

Yes sir, we've got the best Congress that money can buy!

Yes sir, we've got the best Congress that money can buy!

And thanks to the conservatives on the Supreme Court ruling that corporations are somehow actually people and therefore have Constitutional rights just like people, we will soon have the best President that (Mormon) money can buy. Anybody else see the article about the mysterious company that was formed in March, gave a million dollars to a Romney PAC in April, and then dissolved in July? Shenanigans like this are just the tip of the iceberg folks.

And honestly, Larry, I could care less what the "general public" thinks. Most of them are idiots, best I can tell. Bush took over the Presidency with a budget surplus and a roaring economy. He, along with republican majorities in both houses of Congress, started two wars which are still going on and cut taxes on the rich, both of which have resulted in the enormous deficits the republicans are suddenly so worried about, and he left office with the economy in tatters. Obama hasn't had a chance to begin to clean up this mess. And neither has he had any help from the obstructionist republicans in the House. The "general public" has a very short memory.

Rich,I thought when Obama took office he had the house and instead of working on jobs and improving the economy he instead spent his efforts ramming thru a health care bill instead of taking care of the business at hand which was to help the struggling economy.

As I have said all along there is plenty of blame to go around when will someone have the American people in mind instead of thier own liberal or conservative agendas , I think this country is ripe for a third party

Senate blocked a lot after a while. The 40 vote thing. No one had the courage for the large stimulus that Krugman strongly advised

In hindsight perhaps better to have pushed harder on more $$ for infrastructure.

Causes of the compaction are multiple.

Larry, Obama did try to do more for the economy, including a second stimulus package, but the minority in the Senate blocked most everything he tried to accomplish. The republicans would rather have another recession, as long as they can try to blame it on Obama for the '12 election.

And how is trying to implement a universal health care system not having the American people in mind? I think all americans deserve quality health care, not just those who can afford exorbitant insurance rates.

Latest posts

Back