Raising the debt ceiling

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave,

You started this diversion of topic my friend.

You probably know where I stand on this issue and humbly request we get back on thread.

Thanks amigo.

Gordon

However, if there is anyone in America that thinks what the Wall Street Dudes (WSDs) did to this country was legal, I am astonished. Not only was it illegal, it was immoral and a betrayal of their countrymen. Some might even consider them financial terrorists. I know I do!

Well Len, nowhere in my post did I mention Wall Street, nor did I say that illegal activites should go unpunished. However, I don't assume that when people are talking about taxing the rich, they are just refering to those that work on Wall Street. But I am glad to read that you would be astonished if "anyone" thinks that what the Wall Street dudes did was legal. Because Obama in a news confernce this October said that what happened on Wall Street was immoral and reckless but not illegal. It's good to know that I'm not the only one on here that is astonished by what Obama thinks! :)

Does that get us back on topic??

Well Len, nowhere in my post did I mention Wall Street, nor did I say that illegal activites should go unpunished. However, I don't assume that when people are talking about taxing the rich, they are just refering to those that work on Wall Street. But I am glad to read that you would be astonished if "anyone" thinks that what the Wall Street dudes did was legal. Because Obama in a news confernce this October said that what happened on Wall Street was immoral and reckless but not illegal. It's good to know that I'm not the only one on here that is astonished by what Obama thinks! :)

Now why on earth would you presume that I wished to only tax wall streeters? I never suggested any such thing. That would be silly. I simply chose to highlight WSDs as an example of pretty serious bad actors, who have hit huge paydays through nefarious methods. And continue their bad action to this day.

BTW, President Obama was incorrect regarding the comments mentioned above, IMHO. So, yeah, I am astonished with his off-the-cuff response to this question also. I'll give you credit for a good hit.

Sorry. I kind of fanned the flames on the tax drivel. I just thought since we were talking debt discussing funding methods was sort of on topic. Not sure. Maybe not what Gordon had initially intended. Sorry bout that Gordon. TIM.

We are up to Page 9. I've learned alot. Thank you all.

Dave, you'll never be saved. :D: That's what I like about you.

GG

Latest posts

Back