Miles Davis / Bags' Groove

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: Miles Davis / Bags' Groove (Remastered 20 Bit K2 Super Coding)
Year of Release: 2001
Record Label: Prestige Records
Genre: Jazz

A classic jazz CD… ;) Featuring the fabulous, hugmugusly talented Miles Davis on trumpet, Sonny Rollins on saxophone (tracks# 3-7 only), Milt Jackson on vibes (tracks#1-2 only), Horace Silver and Thelonious Monk on piano (tracks#1-2 only), Percy Heath on bass, Kenny Clarke on drums. The guys coming together, on this excellent jazz CD, are legends in the jazz / music world. It is a delight to hear them all together, ‘doing that voodoo that they do so well’. My favorite tracks are #1-2, “Bags’ Groove” (take#1-2). I think, I like take #1 better, because it’s a little more raw and Thelonious Monk’s piano is just phenomenal. I love the way Mr. Monk’s style of hitting the piano notes, just missing a key on purpose, striking two at once, Wow… No one did that like Monk… :D

I’ve owned this CD since, 2002, and I think I’ve just about worn it out, if that is possible… ;) Recorded on June 29 and December 24, 1954, “Bags' Groove” is outrageously full of jazz innovation and artistry. The Julliard training trumpet genius of Mile Davis’s early ideas and creativity is all here, very powerfully strong and vivaciously vibrant.

“Miles Davis - Bags' Groove”, is terrific jazz at its best. The 2001, remastered CD is high tech all the way with superior sound using, 20-Bit A/D converter with digital K2 interface. This CD sounds stupendous and smooth as silk, over my ML Ascent i’s / Descent. Bags Groove is a beautiful Jazz classic and a must for every music library. :D

Cheers

-Robin

Attachments

• B000000YDT.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000000YDT.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 159
Back