Martin logan ethos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
So it looks like goodbye Vantage, hello Ethos. The Cabinet does not look very different from the Vantage. Good news that the Panel will be larger and introduction of DSP enhanced Active Woofers.
Cheers
ML

and there where people here that where so sure that the spire would replace the vantage lol and it looks nice!

The enclosure looks smaller than the Vantage's, more like the Summit's.

Hello,
I rewatched the video and still think the cabinet looks almost identical to my Vantages and not the Summit. I could be losing my mind, but they look almost identical.
Cheers,
JJ

The cabinet of the Vantage is taller than the one in the video. Notice how the part that joins the panel is roughly square.

Hello,
I rewatched the video and still think the cabinet looks almost identical to my Vantages and not the Summit. I could be losing my mind, but they look almost identical.
Cheers,
JJ

It is a Vantage with the advantage of DSP bass control...

HENRY

and there where people here that where so sure that the spire would replace the vantage lol and it looks nice!

Let's get our facts straight, shall we, Fish?

In his original post, Kenscollic stated:

This model is not intended to replace any existing speaker.
. . .

The target release date is April with the price under 10 grand.

In response to that, I stated:

Despite their saying it isn't intended to replace any particular speaker, it is pretty clear that both the Vista and the Vantage are on their way out. Summit was upgraded to Summit X (with attendant price increase); Spire came in just below it (an obvious replacement for the Vantage); and this speaker probably comes in below that and replaces the Vista. Then, you have the Purity and Source bringing up the low end of the esl line. They could also potentially put another speaker with an unpowered woofer into the mix between this one and the Purity, as a true Vista replacement, price-wise.

The Vista and the Vantage are the only remaining electrostatic speakers from ML's last generation. Clearly they will be replaced soon and this new speaker seems to be part of that transition. Doing it this way allows them to raise their prices without too much fuss from customers. They introduce new models at higher prices, saying they are not intended to replace current models, then they slowly cease production of the older models and discontinue them a little while later. Kind of like when they assured everyone they would try to make the Summit X such that Summits would be able to be upgraded, but then they just kind of let that slide by the wayside without too much comment.

. . .

My guess is this speaker comes in around $7,000 to $7,500 and they put out another around $5,500, and the Vista and Vantage go Bye Bye. And all this happens during the course of this year. Ok, that is my completely off-the-cuff prediction. What do you guys think?

Then, in response to your huffing and puffing, I clarified:

Mark my words, the Vantage and Vista will be gone by the end of this year, and in their place will be the Spire and this new speaker, for several grand more. And perhaps one other new speaker to fill in the price gap.

I saw nothing in this video that would contradict that statement. In fact, my prediction that this speaker was indeed intended to replace either the Vantage or the Vista, despite them telling Kescollic otherwise, was borne out by the Rep in the video specifically stating it was intended to replace the Vantage.

Please, next time you want to take a potshot at me, make sure you understand what I am saying first.

Back