Aeon with weak high to midrange

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redspot

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently inherited a pair of Aeon speakers from family and since then I have been spending nights reading past postings in this forum.

One of the reasons I want to find out more about the speakers is because it has very weak high to midrange sound from the panels. The subwoofers however seems to be working fine.

I have vacuumed the panels and the situation has improved however it is still far from what I believe it should be.

Do I have a pair of broken panels and I should replace them? How much would that cost approximately? From the serial numbers I figure out they are from 2002, hence they are already 7 years old.

Appreciate any advice. Thx.

Hi TomDac,

They are charged. I can hear the high and midrange come out from the panels if i get closer. The LED lights at the bottom of the panels are also on.

I notice that you are in Hong Kong. Be sure to check the voltage/hertz rating of the speaker and that it matches what is used in Hong Kong.

List the rest of your system and provide a photo of your setup to get more specific responses.

Hola...exchange the left speaker for the right and listen again. If the same speaker is weaker, then the high voltage bias board is the suspect...also could be a bad panel...you have to exchange the panels. If the same panel is showing the same problem, then the next step is to shower it. If not, then the bias power supply board is the one. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back