Taking the panels off my Sequels, and I can't dinf the FAQ

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorToad

Reaction score
I have very early model Sequels, and I'm taking the panels off for cleaning. I was expecting to find the panels held on by velcro (from memory of reading the FAQ for disassembly) or some easy form of attachment, but they're held on by sticky tape which is disintegrating as I pull on it. I merely want to review the procedure but I can't find it. Searches for any keywords I can think of regarding panel replacement turn up so many results as to make it useless. Much thanks!

MotorToad,
Mine were the same way when I took them off to do some work a few years ago. I would recommend going to Home Depot or some place similar which sells double-sided 3M tape. It was recommended to me my Jim P at ML.

Good Luck

Jeff:cool:

I believe they are attached with something like 3M foam tape with 2 sticky sides. It's available at Lowes, Home Depot or Ace Hardware.

That's what my held together the front and back panels of a CLS panel I took apart. I also believe that is what held my SL3 panels in place.

Clean it all off and stick the new tape on. You might want a second person to help position the panel when you replace it though.

What they said, just get some new doublesided foam tape and replace.

This is also one of the core reasons panels start sliding down the speaker, as the foam thickness gives out over time.
After a fifteen or more years, not surprising.

Man... Rats. So I showered the panels (twice) and they're still really staticky, though it clears up a little if I play them loud.

While I was gone my roommate pulled the cabinets down in the kitchen (adjoining the music room) making a ton of drywall dust, and then as a bonus left a hole in the ceiling in the kitchen for a couple of weeks. Just to make sure there's enough dust in the house to kill anything.

Is there a Stage Three after the emergency shower treatment?

Back