Long wall or short wall placement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope you can help me with the following:

I am building a room dedicated for my ML Summits.
Room is 20' x 16'. There are curtains over the full length of the 16' walls.

I have to decide how to place the speakers. In front of the short wall or in front of the Long wall. Based in this I can install all the wiring. What would you suggest?

Thanks.

I suggest that you place the Summits along a short wall. That way you can allow more room between the speakers and the front wall, and also more room between your listening position and the rear wall.

I suggest that you place the Summits along a short wall. That way you can allow more room between the speakers and the front wall, and also more room between your listening position and the rear wall.

Tnx Bernard. But the side walls will be nearer to my speakers....and those side walls are hard surfaces. That is exactly the dilemma I am having with the set up.

I was in the same situation and chose to put my ML on the short wall. I'm in the process of buying acoustic panels to go on the long wall. So far, system sounds great.

I was in the same situation and chose to put my ML on the short wall. I'm in the process of buying acoustic panels to go on the long wall. So far, system sounds great.
I agree, speakers in front of the short wall with room treatment on the side reflection points for a start.

Dutch, Bernard and James 'hit the nail on the head' !

Back