System #268 (Summit, Sequel II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDSPHOTO

Reaction score
System #268 (Summit, Sequel II, Stage)

1. Member Name: Mark

2. Location: Atlanta, GA

3. ML Model(s): Summits, Sequel IIs, Stage

4. Year Purchased: Stage-2010, Summits-2008, Sequels-1992

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics: Krell KPsi CD Player
Anthem Statement D2-NEW
(2) Bryston 6B, 500 Watt Monoblocs
VPI HW-19 Turntable
Audioquest Tone Arm
Sumiko Naked Blue Point Cartridge
Audioquest Sorbothane Pucks
Panamax 1000 Line Conditioner
Tara Labs RSC Interconnects
StraightWire Rhapsody Speaker Cable

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: None

8. An image of your system.

Attachments

• System.jpg
    System.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 5,239
Last edited:
Hi Mark, Welcome !

Nice set-up, do you move the pair of speakers you're not listening too when listening to ones you do ??

Glad to have another "Black Pizza" spinner amongst us !

Hi Mark, Welcome !

Nice set-up, do you move the pair of speakers you're not listening too when listening to ones you do ??

Glad to have another "Black Pizza" spinner amongst us !

This shot was taken the day I received the Summits and they now are my main speakers for listening. Eventually, this system will morph into an HT set-up with the Summits in the front and the Sequels in the rear.

Welcome Mark! Nice, nice system. It was listening to vinyl on a VPI HW-19 (I think Jr.) that got the vinyl bug restarted in me.

SWEET! Beautiful system. Any comments on the differences between teh speakers?

Hopefully we'll be able to get an Atlanta contingent to rival the Chicago and Tampa gangs. :)

SWEET! Beautiful system. Any comments on the differences between teh speakers?

Hopefully we'll be able to get an Atlanta contingent to rival the Chicago and Tampa gangs. :)

While I have not yet found the optimal placement for the Summits, my immediate reaction is that there is lot more bass and it is very tight.

Great-looking system. I don't think I've ever seent he Summits right next to the Sequels--it really illustrates how much shorter the new MLs are, compared to the older ones.

I have original Sequels, and have been considering upgrading to the Vantages. I can use the pic of your system to show my sweety how much shorter (and more visually transparent) the newer MLs are--this should be a big selling point for her... ;)

--Richard

Brystons

Hi Mark Sweet looking system! How do the Brystons match up with your M/L's? I was thinking of going that way myself. D.R.

I love the Brystons, they are a bit forward sounding but I love the dynamics and the punch they add to the bottom end. You just can't go wrong with a company that offers a 20-year no questions asked warranty. I plan to purchase a 6B-SST, a 3-channel amp to turn this system into a 5.1 surround.

Hi Mark, can't believe I missed a fellow Atlantan's system.

Nice setup!

The Sequels make excellent rears, as they stand tall enough to really deliver a good soundfield in the rear of the room.

Preamp pic

Great looking system!!
I am interested in hearing about your Jeff Rowland piece. What have you compared it to or what did you have before this piece? I was just about to purchase one when a CJ fell into my lap. The Rowland still intrigues.

Doug - out

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Nice! How about some close ups of the electronics.

Here are a few to be continued in the next post

Attachments

• VPI.jpg
    VPI.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,243
  • Bluepoint1.jpg
    Bluepoint1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,295
  • Krellfrontopen.jpg
    Krellfrontopen.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,263
  • KrellOpen.jpg