System #121 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmchism

Reaction score
Chris Chism

New York, NY USA

Martin Logan Vantage

Purchased new off of Audiogon in May of 2006

System Components:
1) 42" Philips Plasma (42PF9630A)
2) Sony upconverting DVD player with HDMI out (DVP-NS90V)
3) Jeff Rowland Concerto Preamp (BetterCable XLR interconnects)
4) Jeff Rowland 201 Mono Amp (2x)
5) Canary Audio CD-100 with Mullard Tubes (BetterCable XLR interconnects)
6) Xbox with HD Cables
7) I-pod dock
8) Scientific Atlanta HD cable box with DVR and HDMI out, through Time Warner Cable (Exploler 8300HD)
9) Belkin Home Theater Power Console (PF30)
10) Martin Logan Vantage (Dark Cherry)
11) PS Audio Speaker Cable (Xstream Plus)
12) Martin Logan Depth (BetterCables XLR to RCA interconnects)
13) 1m Audioquest RCA interconnects (Black Mamba)
14) 1m PS Audio Power Cord (Xstream Plus)

So it wasn't long until the upgrade virus hit. I've quickly gone from a PS Audio integrated (for sale right now) to a Jeff Rowland preamp and a pair of 201 monoblocks. I've also added a tubed Canary CDP and a depth sub for extra bass. This progression has gotten me to what I consider the perfect two channel system (for me), and a great starting point for a full HT system when time permits. Thanks to all for the suggestions along the way, and I'll have new pictures posted soon!

Attachments

• Martin Logan 005x.JPG
    Martin Logan 005x.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,597
Last edited:
A Beautiful Vantage System...

Chris,

Welcome to the ML Club! :D
Great system! What kind of back lighting are you using? Your back-light really emphasizes the beautiful look of your system especially your Vantages. Also is your system on hardwood floors? If so what kind of hardwood?

Beautiful Vantage system Chris. :D

It's good to have you here.

Robin,
The backlight I'm using is coming directly from the "ambilight" feature built into the tv. It works particularily well because I have the wall painted white and the speakers are near enough the TV to be able to see light light behind each speaker. Also, the system is on hardwood floors, but I can't tell you what kind of wood it is. I have a large carpet covering most of the floor in the listening area to help absorb some of the reflections. More pics to come soon.

Cheers,
Chris

Very nice system Chris! Have you experimented at all with an aftermarket power cord, perhaps even a power conditioner for your GCC-100? I've listened to a GCC-250 which sounds very dynamic with great clarity through ML's, but I understand it's also very sensitive to AC quality. If you get a chance to demo an upgraded power cord or even a conditioner, I'd be interested in your observations.

Latest posts

Back