YAY! I was invited to join ML president at local Tweeter for Vista unveiling!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Yup yup.. got a little post card in the mail regarding the Vista and they are having an unveiling of the Vista at my local Tweeter (15miles away)... only problem is that it is on a school day (March 28). Dont know if I should play hookie.

It says on the card:
You are invited to attend the VIP world premiere of the new MartinLogan Vista electrostatic loudspeaker.

Please join MartinLogan President Rafael Nevares - and be among the first to experience this phenomenal new electrostatic speaker.

Joey :)

Last edited:
MHO -You can always hear the Vista. Will you be able to get what you miss in the course? If you can, you might as well go. Otherwise? (Spoken by a former teacher - I'm prejudiced.)

If Gayle was there.. for sure 100% I'd be there.... but I dont even know this Rafael guy.

Joey_V said:
If Gayle was there.. for sure 100% I'd be there.... but I dont even know this Rafael guy.
Hola Joey...Rafael Navares...he is the President of ML...and a true gentleman also...happy listening,
Pura vida,
roberto.

roberto said:
Hola Joey...Rafael Navares...he is the President of ML...and a true gentleman also...happy listening,
Pura vida,
roberto.
Roberto,

Is this guy like the head of Shoreview or is he a bonafide audiophile guy?

Joey_V said:
Roberto,

As you may or may not have known Gayle was owner and president of Martin Logan, when he stepped down as President to get back into the R&D side of the company Rafael took over as president.

Joey_V said:
Roberto,

Long time ago he was with Electro Voice Company, if I am not wrong...he is a very nice guy! and he knows about business. Now, he is the President of ML.
He knows our product and the market. It is good to have him with ML.
Roberto.

I see....

Well, this is an interesting turn of events - now, my interest has piqued!

Joey

He might even announce the new Summit i with the improved midrange and give attendees a good discount on it. ...kidding, kidding.

If you take a look at the "PRESS KIT" that ML sent regarding the Vista, there is an invitation to that same event (see Vista Postcard). I believe that any of us could attend.

If anyone from this site plans on attending, it would be cool to take some photos that we could post!!!

Tom

Last edited:
I would love to attend. How do I get an invitation? Joey I can always go in your place.

Hey Cherian!

We could both go... I'm sure they wouldnt mind 2 audiophiles for the price of 1 card.

:)

I got one to. I think you just need to be signed up to the ML site or maybe it has something to do with registered owners........7-9PM Tuesday March 28th 1600 West 16th Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523 630.990.1410

I would think that anyone stopping by is welcome.

Hey Joey_V this is the brand new show case Tweeter that just opened in Oakbrook, I have heard it is really nice. My sales guy from Naperville is now working there.......Steve

Last edited:
Oh sure the only evening I am tied up. Just my bad luck!!!

stesom said:
I got one to. I think you just need to be signed up to the ML site or maybe it has something to do with registered owners........7-9PM Tuesday March 28th 1600 West 16th Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523 630.990.1410

I would think that anyone stopping by is welcome.

Hey Joey_V this is the brand new show case Tweeter that just opened in Oakbrook, I have heard it is really nice. My sales guy from Naperville is now working there.......Steve

Steve,

Are you coming this Tuesday?

Joey

I think I should make it on Tuesday. I just picked up a new toy, a new 05 acura nsx so now I really am screwed for time. Should I be listening to another record or driving my car.....it will be nice to meet you and some other folks on Tuesday.....Steve

Well.. let me know by Monday if you're going. I will probably make my decision by that time. I *could* go if I dont go to school on Tuesday and just go to the doctor's office to shadow him during most of the day, then make my way to the Tweeter store afterwards.

It would be nice to meet another Loganite. :)

Joey

Joey_V said:
Well.. let me know by Monday if you're going. I will probably make my decision by that time. I *could* go if I dont go to school on Tuesday and just go to the doctor's office to shadow him during most of the day, then make my way to the Tweeter store afterwards.

It would be nice to meet another Loganite. :)

Joey

Unless something happens I will be there.......Steve

Steve,

I might not be able to make it today...

Please try to A/B it with the Vantage just to discern the differences, if any. I'm very interested in the panel - and if both use the same exact panel, right down to the critical crossover at 400hz.

Be sure to post your impressions!

Thanks,
Joey

Back