Woofer Optimisation - I achieved it!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
I have been playing around with placement a few weeks ago.

I just sat down last night after a hard day's work to a cold drink and some listening time. Our little Charlie (minature labradoodle) came and sat on my lap as usual (just out of the sweet spot). As I hit play, there was a short introduction and then Margie Gibson's vocals on "Puttin' on the ritz" came out with the amazing zing and clarity that only 'logans can provide. The dog, startled by the vocals, jumped up and stared straight dead centre! Am I the first to achieve this?

amey01 said:
I have been playing around with placement a few weeks ago.

I just sat down last night after a hard day's work to a cold drink and some listening time. Our little Charlie (minature labradoodle) came and sat on my lap as usual (just out of the sweet spot). As I hit play, there was a short introduction and then Margie Gibson's vocals on "Puttin' on the ritz" came out with the amazing zing and clarity that only 'logans can provide. The dog, startled by the vocals, jumped up and stared straight dead centre! Am I the first to achieve this?

A bigger trick is if you can get them look outside of the L/R span of the speakers.

Barking Dogs don't Lie

Several years ago (make that 10) when I still had my trio of Dobermans, I was setting up my stereo system using a Stereophile test disc which featured dogs barking for each of the channels. I began to play the CD and I'll be damned if I my dogs didn't look to exactly the places the sound was supposed to be coming from! Unfortunately I no longer have dogs but the speakers I had back then are still with me (Klipsch Forte IIs)... though they have been related to party room use... but set up properly they really imaged well! Maybe even better than my MLs but they are not nearly as smooth and have a smaller sweet spot than the MLs.

My Bulldog regularly comes and listens to music with me I guess that's about as good as an unbiased opinion that my system sounds good as there is.

Back