With CLX nearly 10 years old, have you had any technical problems with them?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is disturbing to me is that the loss of upper octaves was NOT gradual but rather "hear(sic!) yesterday, gone today"!
Is there something that can/should be checked to assure electronics have not been compromised?

Who is the best contact to inquire with about availability and cost of replacement mid/treble panels?
I am located in Central CT 06111
Sounds more like one of the wires' soldering came loose maybe? That should show with a physical examination.

What is disturbing to me is that the loss of upper octaves was NOT gradual but rather "hear(sic!) yesterday, gone today"!
Is there something that can/should be checked to assure electronics have not been compromised?

Who is the best contact to inquire with about availability and cost of replacement mid/treble panels?
I am located in Central CT 06111

Is there a name and phone number for current Tech Support at M-L?
Sounds more like one of the wires' soldering came loose maybe? That should show with a physical examination.

Your lips to the goddess' ear since a loose wire is something I can handle.

Have a call into ML Customer service so waiting for a call-back.
Hopefully they can give me a Betty Crocker recipe of various things than can either be visually checked or measured with multimeter.

Is there a name and phone number for current Tech Support at M-L?

Your lips to the goddess' ear since a loose wire is something I can handle.

Have a call into ML Customer service so waiting for a call-back.
Hopefully they can give me a Betty Crocker recipe of various things than can either be visually checked or measured with multimeter.
Please give me a call on my mobile, 414-975-5986 if there is anything I can be of assistance with. Shawn

Please give me a call on my mobile, 414-975-5986 if there is anything I can be of assistance with. Shawn

Thanks for the offer, Shawn. I now have a service ticket open with M-L and first recommendations were to vacuum the panels (which I had done when issue first came to light) and also to switch mid/treble panels between the two speakers (which I will be doing within next 24-48 hours).

Stay tuned!

Thanks for the offer, Shawn. I now have a service ticket open with M-L and first recommendations were to vacuum the panels (which I had done when issue first came to light) and also to switch mid/treble panels between the two speakers (which I will be doing within next 24-48 hours).

Stay tuned!

Good news, bad news.
Today my sound room looks like a Martin Logan assembly annex.
Switching panels determined that both L and R mid/treble panels are OK. FWIW, the sudden change in output from normal to none suggested to me that is was not a panel issue but rather electronics.

Waiting for follow-up guidance from ML on path forward.

Good news, bad news.
Switching panels determined that both L and R mid/treble panels are OK. FWIW, the sudden change in output from normal to none suggested to me that is was not a panel issue but rather electronics.

Do you feel ML service is doing a good job? I can shake some trees if needed.

Di Vinci audio
414-479-1829
Milwaukee, Wi

There is a Di Vinci in Switzerland.
Also, 414-479-1829 is our old phone number from years ago. If that is coming up anywhere please let me know so I can have it changed. 830-DAVINCI (830-328-4624) is the number now :) Also my personal mobile is 414-975-5986 which anyone is free to call, as you will get me the quickesr that way.

Also, 414-479-1829 is our old phone number from years ago. If that is coming up anywhere please let me know so I can have it changed. 830-DAVINCI (830-328-4624) is the number now :) Also my personal mobile is 414-975-5986 which anyone is free to call, as you will get me the quickesr that way.

I'm old Shawn, thats probably why it showed up.
I did a search on Bing and your business came up. That was the # that was shown.

Happily listening to Carmen Gomes - Thousand Shades of Blue on my amazing CLX.

Brad

Good news, bad news.

If I had to choose I would take an electrical issue over bad panels.
More people can fix an electrical issue but panel repair, you know what I mean.
ML has always been great helping take care of electrical interface issues.
Good Luck and keep us updated.

Good news, bad news.

Sound room still looks like an assembly annex but happy to report that switching power supplies from R to L resulted in no output from L channel...using either of the two mid/tweeter panels. What I have is a power supply failure,

Ron @ Martin Logan has been great at answering questions and providing step-by-step pdf instructions for each element of the troubleshooting.

Replacement power supply will cost about $350 incl S/H and was ordered this AM.
"Sounds like" it will be mono listening for the near term...assuming I can put at least Humpty back together again!

Sorry there is a problem but that is an easy fix.
$350 isn't nothing but it could be much worse.

Humpty will be happy to be reassembled I assure you.

That sounds like a pretty easy fix! At 350 smackers... way to go, very reasonable given today's prices... especially charges just for labour. Whenever I get my car serviced, the bill comes to double that amount, and 90% is the dam labour charge! I wouldn't sweat one bit on $350.

I think your CLX's will be up and running in no time, and you'll be enjoying those fine tunes!
Cheers, RJ

Sorry there is a problem but that is an easy fix.
$350 isn't nothing but it could be much worse.

Humpty will be happy to be reassembled I assure you.

Yeah, Humpty this weekend. Dumpty next week. Missing the boy's choir! ;)

Back