Wiring my new Aeon i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish1cool

Reaction score
Please suggest good but not too expensive speaker cables to connect my new denon 4806 to my Aeon i's,cinema center. Components will be about 10 feet away.

I have really enjoyed my Goertz MI2 Speaker Cables from AlphaCore. They are very fast, allowing the speed of the Logans to come through. They enable you to hear the hit of the drumhead and the types of drums much better than the twice as expensive TaraLabs cables I was using before them.

-jim

Try Anti Cables

irish1cool said:
Please suggest good but not too expensive speaker cables to connect my new denon 4806 to my Aeon i's,cinema center. Components will be about 10 feet away.

Try AntiCables. They're about 10.00/ft. Many folks have used these with great results.
www.anticables.com

Or, call The Cable Company. They will let you try ouy any number of cables for a nominal rental fee which gets applied to your purchase.

SPEAKERNUT said:
Has anyone tried D&H Labs?

I use the T-14 on my Center Channel but have not compared it against their Q-10 version (4.00/ft vs 10.00/ft). I needed 20ft run and could not afford the Q-10 at the time. I replaced common zip cord with the T-14 and liked the improvement but anything would sound better than zip. I got spades on one end and banannas on the other. I like their bannana plug as it grips tight. The only reason I used the bananna is I also use jumpers on my center.

But with DH Labs, I really like their RCA connectors - DH Lab Ultimate RCA. I find it to be one of the best connectors around for a reasonable price. I like it much better than Eichmann coppers. The Eichmann to me are a little thin in upper mids and have too much energy on the high end, where the DH Lab sounds fuller and more accurate to me. Again just my opinion and likes...

Dan

Re: Wiring y New Aeon i

If your considering Blue Jeans and a few of the others, then consider using Canare Star Quad cable. It's the same exact cable that other boutique vendors use; however, rebranded with a different jacket. Price/performance is tough to beat, especially since you can puchase all you need from a vendor like Maratek(sp?). Anyway, the moment I rewired my Aeon's to the B&K front end, imaging became unreal and the bass tightend signifiacntly. Single best bang for my buck in years. It really is amazing how fast these speakers can be with a quality cable. Seriously, I purchased about 50 feet for 35 bucks and puchased WBT connectors to clean up the look. IF you couple 2 pair, the effective gauge is roughly 11AWG.

Check it out:
http://www.markertek.com/Product.as...g=Canare+Corporation+of+America&search=0&off=

Hello GS,

I was searching for Canare wires and saw your post on this thread where you also recommended the WBT connectors. Due to the low cost of the Canare wires, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give the Canare wires with the WBT connectors a try on my Aeon i's as well. I'd like to use banana plugs on the amp end and spades on the speaker ends. Was it easy for you to set the whole thing up and did you have to use a special solder? Thanks,

Z

P.S. I recall that you were also posting on the subwoofer recommendations for the Aeon i thread & would highly recommend the ML Depth. I tried to versions of the REL (Q150E/Q201E) which were just sold on ebay before I moved on to the Depth. The Depth integrated much better for 2 channel music - Stravinky's Firebird Suite sounded awesome!

If your considering Blue Jeans and a few of the others, then consider using Canare Star Quad cable. It's the same exact cable that other boutique vendors use; however, rebranded with a different jacket. Price/performance is tough to beat, especially since you can puchase all you need from a vendor like Maratek(sp?). Anyway, the moment I rewired my Aeon's to the B&K front end, imaging became unreal and the bass tightend signifiacntly. Single best bang for my buck in years. It really is amazing how fast these speakers can be with a quality cable. Seriously, I purchased about 50 feet for 35 bucks and puchased WBT connectors to clean up the look. IF you couple 2 pair, the effective gauge is roughly 11AWG.

Check it out:
http://www.markertek.com/Product.as...g=Canare+Corporation+of+America&search=0&off=

If I may thow my 2 cents in, I have had good success with Kimber 8tc and my Aeon is

What type of terminators does your 8tc have? Also, if you've tried other terminators, did you notice any differences? I'm asking these questions because the bi-wires that I'm using from my old set of speakers have those angled pin connectors and I'm sure I'll get a better connection out of bananas or spades which seems to be the better choice.

TIA,

Z

Latest posts

Back