Which brand of speaker wire do you use?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cable wars !

Audioquest Bedrock (biwire in single wire mode) to the Odyssey woofers and Straightwire Rhapsody to the panels. Am planning to switch to Straightwire for the Odyssey woofers as well. With tube monoblocs I reckon silver as in Straightwire would be a better match than Audioquest's copper.I/Cs are all Cardas Gold Cross. Would love to add Cardas Gold Reference from the cdp to the preamp.
If it sounds good go for it has been my dictum:its also a short cut to bankruptcy!
David G
Notice you are in Solihull. Went to school close by, sometime last century !!

My cable of choice is...............TARA-LABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! through out the system ;)

Audioquest Type 4 in an internal bi-wire configuration. Current source outputs on my Sunfire 300 feeding the low range, voltage source outputs feeding the panels.

Audioquest ICs throughout. All old-school (Ruby, Topaz, Etc.)

I've tried it all: zip-cord, cat-6 customs, beastly solid-conductor exterior power cables (almost ripped the binding posts off my old receiver, seriously), AQ mammoth, JPS labs. Decided the uber-expensive stuff wasn't where I wanted the money in my system and that the el-cheapo stuff wasn't my bag either...so I settled on the Type4 and never looked back.

rrayda said:
Current source outputs on my Sunfire 300 feeding the low range, voltage source outputs feeding the panels.

Is that really how you're driving yours? As per Bob Carver/Sunfire's suggestions, I have the "voltage" outs feeding my woofers, and the "current" outs feeding the stat panels. Never thought to try the opposite. Did you actually compare both arrangements? I'll hafta try that as well.

I'm using Monster Sigma Retro Gold Speaker Cable.

Attachments

• prodigy connected to amp.jpg
    prodigy connected to amp.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,511
I'd go with a high quality copper litz speaker cable - something that won't be thin or thread bare. Purist Audio or Cardas are both reputable, I have the Purist Audio Venustas, but would go with any of their cable, or Cardas Golden Reference. The new Purist 20th Anniversary Aqueous is said to be excellent, especially for the money.

Straightwire Rhapsody S for now...I will be looking to switch to JPS Labs FX in the future when funds allow.

Dan

Back