Which Amp to buy? The most frequently asked question on this site. READ THIS!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone here had one of Sanders' amps fail? How was the warranty service handled, and was it handled well?

I've followed Sanders for multiple decades, and failures are almost non-existent. But when one occurs, they work really hard to make it right. Usually, one ships the amp back to them, and they fix it and ship it back, your only cost is the shipping. For overseas customers, they've shipped individual boards to keep shipping costs down. Customers report high satisfaction with service.

Older units (like pre-2007 or so) can be upgraded at the factory with newer boards with ThermalTrack output transistors for a nominal fee. So, the original investment can be preserved over decades.

And as noted above, Coda is the OEM for Sanders, so worst case, they can service these down the road.

I've followed Sanders for multiple decades, and failures are almost non-existent. But when one occurs, they work really hard to make it right. Usually, one ships the amp back to them, and they fix it and ship it back, your only cost is the shipping. For overseas customers, they've shipped individual boards to keep shipping costs down. Customers report high satisfaction with service.

Older units (like pre-2007 or so) can be upgraded at the factory with newer boards with ThermalTrack output transistors for a nominal fee. So, the original investment can be preserved over decades.

And as noted above, Coda is the OEM for Sanders, so worst case, they can service these down the road.
Sounds great to me. If I needed a new amp, I'd certainly look very hard at Sanders. Luckily my Aragon is trucking along great.

Just another endorsement for Roger. I can't vouch for service, having never needed it, but it is the best SS amp that I've heard driving my CLS's.

Looking at prices, it seems like the Sanders amps are priced lower than the original Coda too.

Sounds great to me. If I needed a new amp, I'd certainly look very hard at Sanders. Luckily my Aragon is trucking along great.
I spoke with Roger and told him my new ML speakers were just not sounding as good as they should. I described what I was hearing and he quickly said that was "shearing" and my amp didn't have the power I needed. We talked more, and I bought the MagTech because he said I could send it back if I didn't like it. I have never looked back. He is on this site often, so I want to thank him!

I spoke with Roger and told him my new ML speakers were just not sounding as good as they should. I described what I was hearing and he quickly said that was "shearing" and my amp didn't have the power I needed. We talked more, and I bought the MagTech because he said I could send it back if I didn't like it. I have never looked back. He is on this site often, so I want to thank him!
Oh, I did not know that he comes on here. Im an admirer for sure. Glad to hear its a great amp. If something happens to mine and it would be too expensive to fix, ill probably get a Sanders amp. Id love to hear his speakers too. Those look nice as well. Have you heard them?

Oh, I did not know that he comes on here. Im an admirer for sure. Glad to hear its a great amp. If something happens to mine and it would be too expensive to fix, ill probably get a Sanders amp. Id love to hear his speakers too. Those look nice as well. Have you heard them?
No, I bought the Summit X speakers because I always wanted a pair of them! I had no idea I needed a special amplifier for them. Now, with my McIntosh C2500 Pre-Amp, and the MagTech, I am a happy audio camper! It would be interesting to hear from someone using his speakers, as I imagine they are excellent, too.

No, I bought the Summit X speakers because I always wanted a pair of them! I had no idea I needed a special amplifier for them. Now, with my McIntosh C2500 Pre-Amp, and the MagTech, I am a happy audio camper! It would be interesting to hear from someone using his speakers, as I imagine they are excellent, too.
His $20,000 price for the speakers, electronics( active crossover?), and magtech amp seems like a good price. A lifetime warranty on everything would be awesome, especially the panels since those will go bad.

Back