Whew! Thought I blew up my speakers or amp.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
Last night I was listening at very loud levels to some very dynamic music..."South of the Line" - from "Rude Mechanicals" by Pitch Black , "Nardis" - from"Signs of Life" by Bob Mamet and "Nardis" - from "cafe blue" by Patricia Barber. I love to crank it on these tunes, to feel the bass and drums. That's one thing the Aerius do very well, due to their higher crossover, they give a lot of impact due to using the dynamic speaker over more range. Well, when I went to select another song from my selections on the Mac Mini, there was no more sound coming from the speakers. I thought maybe I had blown a fuse, or worse and figured I'd take a look at the problem today. Note that I use my ipod touch to control the Mac and iTunes.

The first trouble shooting I did was to play a record instead of using the Mac. Full sound was there. Whew, I hadn't blown the speakers or the amp! The next step was to play a song via the Mac. When I brought it up with the keyboard and monitor attached, there was a message for an update to i-Tunes, so I installed it. Lo and behold, when I then played a song it worked! I think the problem I experienced was due to there being an update and I had to click whether to install it or not before I could play more music. So now, I'll leave a monitor and keyboard connected so that when anymore updates arrive, I can easily check. Hey, it's a minor thing, but kinda spooky when you're in the middle of a listening session.

Last edited:
You might want to consider turning off the automatic software update function and just download software updates manually on a regular basis at the time you want rather than letting Apple decide for you.

Apple sends out updates very frequently and to the point that I find it a little annoying. It's good they stay on the top of the software though.

Last night I was listening at very loud levels to some very dynamic music..."South of the Line" - from "Rude Mechanicals" by Pitch Black.

Quality listening, Steve. Pure quality:)

That track makes my Apogee bass panels shimmer like there is no tomorrow. Serious bass.:devil:

I hate when that happens. Especially when you think you fried something and there is no one around to blame. :devil:

Back