What's you think?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
I just purchased a used ROTEL RB-1090 less then a year old for $1250. This is to replace my Hafler DH-500. How do you think it will perform with my Aeon i's?

Rotel’s RB-1090 stereo amplifier, rated at 380Wpc into 8 ohms and 700Wpc into 4 ohms. Rotel says it can deliver peaks of more than 1000W into 2 ohms. Inside there are two 1.25kVA custom-made toroidal transformers. The chassis is a sizable 17 3/8" x 9.5 x 15 3/4". In all, this unit is a beast -- with heatsinks that can maim!

rotel_rb1090.jpg

Last edited:
rampage60,

Strange as it seems I did the same thing. I had a Hafler D500 which I traded in and bought a new RB 1090 at the time. I felt it was a great amp. I pushed my Sequel II's easily which are harder on amps than the Aeon i's. I then used on my CLSiiZ's which are even harder and again no problem. I think you will be very happy. You can also bi-amp (passively) your
Aeon i's with this amp too. :)

Jeff :cool:

Just heard the 1090 side by side next to my 1070 today (thanks to Steve aka Stesom) on his Summits and I will say that the 1090 is a monster of an amp. It definitely gave me a dose of what I *thought* was missing in my setup.... better focus, palpability, and realism - regardless of volume. I'm impressed with the 1090 and it is my current goal..... though I will keep an eye out for any Plinius that may pop up on the 'gon.

For the money, the 1090 is a SS amp that is hard to beat.

Having owned the 1090, I agree with Jeff and the "Kid", it's a superb piece for the $$$ spent ! I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Thanks alot for the replys! I should have it on the 27th. Will lets you know how it sounds.

What is the advantages of Bi-amp?

As a FYI, the Rotel RB 1090 I believe is now discontinued so the prices may drop for a new one and for those that may appear on "gon".

Jeff :cool:

Nice system Rampage.

I see you have an Xbox 360.

There are a hand full of us here with 360's, perhaps we need to arrange a Martin Logan Owners Xbox Live get together. :rolleyes:

Zip3kx07 said:
Nice system Rampage.

I see you have an Xbox 360.

There are a hand full of us here with 360's, perhaps we need to arrange a Martin Logan Owners Xbox Live get together. :rolleyes:

That would be sweeeeeeeeet! :)

rampage60 said:
The ROTEL is all set up! All I can say is WOW! :)

hifi-062006a.jpg

hifi-062006b.jpg
You need more space above the amp for ventilation. That amp will run too hot the way you have it.

How is the overhead space above the ROTEL now? I think the arrangment looks better too.

rampage60 said:
How is the overhead space above the ROTEL now? I think the arrangment looks better too.
Now you don't have sufficient ventilation for your pre-amp. Stacking components is one of the WORST things you can do and will shorten the life of the component on the bottom. unless it's a cd player or some other device that doesn't put out much heat. If you don't have another shelf, you could get some BIG feet and put them under the feet of the CD player and thereby raise the player and get some venilation space for the pre-amp. You should have no less than 1" above the pre-amp; more is better. OR, just put the CD player on the bottom. This is very important, especially on a component with vent holes drilled on the top.

Latest posts

Back