Whatever happened to Joey V.?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven’t seen a post from him since 2016 or so and just wondering whatever happened to “the kid.” I’m sure he’s a full grown man and medical doctor now. Maybe has no time for audio hobbies and electrostatic speakers. But I’m curious if he ever checks in from time to time. Anyone heard anything? Would love to know how he’s doing and what his current system is now that he has (assuming) some disposable income. I’m guessing married, with kids, busy job, and no time to waste on audiophile forums. 😂

With all do respect for this hobby / passion and enthusiasm for othets, and of course with respect to B&W's; Going from ML to B&W's is going backwards in my opinion. Unless he was using the top of the line diamon D4 series speakers, even at that price ML's Ren15a's will hit those out of the park at every angle, and the Ren15a's even cost less! It's not even funny. I've auditioned the Ren15a's driven by Dan D's Momentum preamp and the Relentless monoblocks, oh boy... look out!

Never cared for the B&W sound, other than the original Matrix 801 professional series, which were at the time, used as reference monitors by many reviewers. After that, what B&W put out was just reinventing the wheel. Price wise, that Diamon series was right up there... and for that kind of money, there's far better out there. I would have considered Magico or Genesis if I was moving away from stats, and going towards box designs.

Just my 50cts worth.
Cheers, RJ

Funny, but I just signed-on to Facebook and was notified that today is Joey’s birthday, so I left him birthday wishes, and let him know that he was missed here by one of the colorful characters here.

Funny, but I just signed-on to Facebook and was notified that today is Joey’s birthday, so I left him birthday wishes, and let him know that he was missed here by one of the colorful characters here.
Are you saying I’m a colorful character? 😜😂🤣

Getting back on topic... Joey V is an E.R. doc in Texas and, I believe, married with kids. I reached out to him in 2017, hoping to catch up with him at Axpona that year. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to attend. Like many of us at that age, between career and family, there's probably little time for audiophile pursuits. He's no longer a registered member here, but perhaps he'll check back sometime in the future and say hi to the ole gang (at least those of us still here <g>).

Back