What was the last year Prodigy was made?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quaramon

Reaction score
And also, is it possible to get the production year for a Prodigy from the serial number?

/Carlos

I don't know the last year, but every speaker has its own serial number and it does tell you production date. Search this site because there is a post made that shows you how to read and interpret the #.

See this thread Martin Logan Serial Number Decoder - Collaborative Update Project

1643336134412.png

Yes, thank you all very much, turns out my pair is from January 2004.
Would still be nice to know when the last year of production was, what version was the successor to Prodigy?
When did ESL 13A and ESL 15A arrive?

Edit: Just found a document from 2010 saying

Production Dates:February 2000 to Present

for Prodigy. Don't know if that actually means that it was in production 2010, the doc is not an official ML brochure but it was created 2010 at least.

Last edited:
Years ago on the site there was a Martin Logan speaker timeline which showed all of the speakers in succession. Then the list became too long and they changed it to an alphabetical listing. The successor to the prodigy was the Summit then Summit X

The ML "Product Museum" page on their website states the Summit was introduced in 2005, so it might be safe to deduce that's when the Prodigy ceased production. I would just contact ML and ask. Since 1990 I've had Sequel II, Odyssey, Theos, Motif X, and have contacted them at least a dozen times. They have always been prompt and straight with responses.

The ML "Product Museum" page on their website states the Summit was introduced in 2005, so it might be safe to deduce that's when the Prodigy ceased production. I would just contact ML and ask. Since 1990 I've had Sequel II, Odyssey, Theos, Motif X, and have contacted them at least a dozen times. They have always been prompt and straight with responses.
Wow, so they only ran the Prodigy for 5 years. It was introduced in 2005. Thats not long.

It was introduced in 2000. They introduced their micro-perf panels with the next models..
5 years just seems like a really short run for a model. Dont most of their's last a lot longer? Ive not compared. So the original Summits were micro-perf?

Yes, if I remember correctly. The Summit X only upgraded the cross-over….if I am not remembering correctly someone will chime in to correct me. Lol

Latest posts

Back