What level do you listen at

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
What volume level do you listen at:

Quiet: Does not distrub anyone else in your house
Moderate: Others in your house can hear your music but are not bothered
Loud: Must be alone for a listening session
Very Loud: You really are damaging your ears!

I listen mostly at moderate levels; however, others in the house may disagree! :D

Loud until the wife yells and I have to turn it down... right now I am at between loud and very loud - she is still at work!
I could listen to music all day -

Around 75dBs normally. When in the intense listening mood I get up into the low to mid 80's.

Moderate levels, with some loud exceptions depending on the music. There is no one else in the house, so that point is moot. :) Home theater stuff tends to be louder, just because of the typical dynamic range in movies. War of the Worlds being a case in point: the lightning strikes and some of the Martian walkers stomping around have very high momentary levels compared to the dialog.

Moderate...

SteveInNC said:
Moderate levels, with some loud exceptions depending on the music. There is no one else in the house, so that point is moot. :) Home theater stuff tends to be louder, just because of the typical dynamic range in movies. War of the Worlds being a case in point: the lightning strikes and some of the Martian walkers stomping around have very high momentary levels compared to the dialog.

I'm a moderate listening level person. But depending on the film, as Steve says above, the dynamic of a film can push me to the upper registers of "Moderate" sound, but then the dialog is much lower. As most folk here know I believe in protecting your ears, as much as possible, so you can listen another day. When I was younger, I listened at much higher levels. I was in a rock band in my early teens etc. When I listen to music now I listen at the lower end of moderate or quite level. It is just more relaxing to me.

amey01 said:
What volume level do you listen at:

Quiet: Does not distrub anyone else in your house
Moderate: Others in your house can hear your music but are not bothered
Loud: Must be alone for a listening session
Very Loud: You really are damaging your ears!
Hola amey01. I listen a moderate level. This will give me more time listening and not getting any ears fatigue. I can listen over 12 hours and still wanting to be there...ML has the benefit to give us the best resolution at moderated levels that you don´t find in any other speakers. ML is magic and make my soul to be with the musician (s) understanding the way that they are performing and the feeling with the music. The delicated harmonic texture and the scenario is phenomenal...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

I start out at moderate levels, but once things are warmed up and that glass of wine kicks in the volume tends to go up.

Some music, the music of my youth requires to be played loud, my Black Sabbath album even has this printed on the cover. ;)

everything but very loud!!! :confused: Each listening session is different. I may sneak a Quick Liston in during the am and have it quiet, and then in the afternoon I will let them play a little louder, then when there is no one around I will break out the big passage music and let the Krell take over :D

Quiet: One Vodka Martini
Moderate: Two Vodka Martinis
Loud: Three Vodka Martinis
Very Loud: Four Vodka Martinis

Robin said:
I'm a moderate listening level person. But depending on the film, as Steve says above, the dynamic of a film can push me to the upper registers of "Moderate" sound, but then the dialog is much lower. As most folk here know I believe in protecting your ears, as much as possible, so you can listen another day. When I was younger, I listened at much higher levels. I was in a rock band in my early teens etc. When I listen to music now I listen at the lower end of moderate or quite level. It is just more relaxing to me.

I played in rock bands in my late teens/early twenties. I listen moderately with some exceptions. Not very often because of kids.

Moderate levels, but you got to turn it up every once and a wile, just to remind your self the descent can still take the painting off the wall. :D

Rock n' Roll...

Daryl Zero said:
I played in rock bands in my late teens/early twenties. I listen moderately with some exceptions. Not very often because of kids.
Daryl,

We used to play for our class mates in the school gym for dances. All our friends let us know what they wanted to hear and how loud... :D It as exciting times lots of adolescent energy and very, very (stupid loud) Rock n' Roll. I probably have some hearing loss from those wild days... :eek:

moderate but I don't care to be loud sometimes since I live in a house by myself... and yes it gets lonely...

Back