Quantcast

What level do you listen at

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

amey01

Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
29
Location
Queensland, Australia
What volume level do you listen at:

Quiet: Does not distrub anyone else in your house
Moderate: Others in your house can hear your music but are not bothered
Loud: Must be alone for a listening session
Very Loud: You really are damaging your ears!
 

taylode

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
287
Reaction score
0
Location
Tracy, CA
I listen mostly at moderate levels; however, others in the house may disagree! :D
 

TheBobGoat

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Location
Everywhere!
Loud until the wife yells and I have to turn it down... right now I am at between loud and very loud - she is still at work!
I could listen to music all day -
 

DTB300

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
2,146
Reaction score
0
Location
Fallout 3 Land
Around 75dBs normally. When in the intense listening mood I get up into the low to mid 80's.
 

SteveInNC

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
480
Reaction score
0
Location
Research Triangle, NC
Moderate levels, with some loud exceptions depending on the music. There is no one else in the house, so that point is moot. :) Home theater stuff tends to be louder, just because of the typical dynamic range in movies. War of the Worlds being a case in point: the lightning strikes and some of the Martian walkers stomping around have very high momentary levels compared to the dialog.
 

Robin

Well-known member
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
3,304
Reaction score
3
Location
Camano Island, Washington
Moderate...

SteveInNC said:
Moderate levels, with some loud exceptions depending on the music. There is no one else in the house, so that point is moot. :) Home theater stuff tends to be louder, just because of the typical dynamic range in movies. War of the Worlds being a case in point: the lightning strikes and some of the Martian walkers stomping around have very high momentary levels compared to the dialog.
I'm a moderate listening level person. But depending on the film, as Steve says above, the dynamic of a film can push me to the upper registers of "Moderate" sound, but then the dialog is much lower. As most folk here know I believe in protecting your ears, as much as possible, so you can listen another day. When I was younger, I listened at much higher levels. I was in a rock band in my early teens etc. When I listen to music now I listen at the lower end of moderate or quite level. It is just more relaxing to me.
 

roberto

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
3,267
Reaction score
68
Location
San Jose, Costa Rica
amey01 said:
What volume level do you listen at:

Quiet: Does not distrub anyone else in your house
Moderate: Others in your house can hear your music but are not bothered
Loud: Must be alone for a listening session
Very Loud: You really are damaging your ears!
Hola amey01. I listen a moderate level. This will give me more time listening and not getting any ears fatigue. I can listen over 12 hours and still wanting to be there...ML has the benefit to give us the best resolution at moderated levels that you don´t find in any other speakers. ML is magic and make my soul to be with the musician (s) understanding the way that they are performing and the feeling with the music. The delicated harmonic texture and the scenario is phenomenal...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.
 

kach22i

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
1,850
Reaction score
7
Location
Michigan
I start out at moderate levels, but once things are warmed up and that glass of wine kicks in the volume tends to go up.

Some music, the music of my youth requires to be played loud, my Black Sabbath album even has this printed on the cover. ;)
 

C.A.P

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,049
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
everything but very loud!!! :confused: Each listening session is different. I may sneak a Quick Liston in during the am and have it quiet, and then in the afternoon I will let them play a little louder, then when there is no one around I will break out the big passage music and let the Krell take over :D
 

SugarMedia

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
733
Reaction score
0
Location
EU
Quiet: One Vodka Martini
Moderate: Two Vodka Martinis
Loud: Three Vodka Martinis
Very Loud: Four Vodka Martinis
 

Daryl Zero

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Robin said:
I'm a moderate listening level person. But depending on the film, as Steve says above, the dynamic of a film can push me to the upper registers of "Moderate" sound, but then the dialog is much lower. As most folk here know I believe in protecting your ears, as much as possible, so you can listen another day. When I was younger, I listened at much higher levels. I was in a rock band in my early teens etc. When I listen to music now I listen at the lower end of moderate or quite level. It is just more relaxing to me.
I played in rock bands in my late teens/early twenties. I listen moderately with some exceptions. Not very often because of kids.
 

Reverb

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
0
Location
Palm Springs, CA
Moderate levels, but you got to turn it up every once and a wile, just to remind your self the descent can still take the painting off the wall. :D
 

Robin

Well-known member
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
3,304
Reaction score
3
Location
Camano Island, Washington
Rock n' Roll...

Daryl Zero said:
I played in rock bands in my late teens/early twenties. I listen moderately with some exceptions. Not very often because of kids.
Daryl,

We used to play for our class mates in the school gym for dances. All our friends let us know what they wanted to hear and how loud... :D It as exciting times lots of adolescent energy and very, very (stupid loud) Rock n' Roll. I probably have some hearing loss from those wild days... :eek:
 

Yang1815

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 30, 2005
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Location
Omaha, NE
moderate but I don't care to be loud sometimes since I live in a house by myself... and yes it gets lonely...
 

tonyc

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
683
Reaction score
0
Location
Waco, TX
I usually begin moderate but end up loud once the system gets cooking.
 
Top