What internal speaker cable is used by ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acoustat

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows what the red, blue & black twisted cable is that ML uses to connect their ESL panels. Looks similar to Kimber PBJ but can anyone confirm?

Cheers.

Logan Internal Cable

Though he said that I shouldn't quote him on it and its not officially open to the public, Ray Kimber (saw him in NY at the electronics show at the Hilton) admitted that one of his largest business accounts is Martin Logan. :) Gotta love that Kimber Kable.

jlc1283 said:
Though he said that I shouldn't quote him on it and its not officially open to the public, Ray Kimber (saw him in NY at the electronics show at the Hilton) admitted that one of his largest business accounts is Martin Logan. :) Gotta love that Kimber Kable.

Kimber Kable? That's good news!

I wonder what gauge ML uses... hmm?

Joey_V said:
Kimber Kable? That's good news!

I wonder what gauge ML uses... hmm?

Hola Joey...if you peel off a little piece of the wire, you will find out the there are seven wires with different gauge. It is the same wire that Kimber uses in their pbj I.C.s...This pbj cable is only used on the cables that are secured to the panel...I used to sell Kimber here, but not anymore. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Last edited:
roberto said:
Hola Joey...if you peel off a little piece of the wire, you will find out the there are seven wires with different gauge. It is the same wire that Kimber uses in their pbj I.C.s...This pbj cable is only used on the cables that are secured to the panel...I used to sell Kimber here, but not anymore. Happy listening,
Roberto.

So who is using Kimber Cables/IC's, and with what results?

SoundFoundations Audio Design Group

I sell some IC's that I make myself -- starting with a simple Silver-Plated Copper Twist, then a Silver-Plated Copper Triple-Braid (of several different gauge sizes), and finally a Pure Silver (5n) and Silver-Plated Copper Braid with Silver Plated Pure Copper Connectors (also, these "upper-end" Braids come in various gauges and various numbers of the conductors being Pure Silver).

They aren't Kimber Kables, but they sound better (IMHO) and are much cheaper. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll provide complete descriptions, pictures, and prices. ;)

Neshamah (Steve)

SoundFoundations Audio Design Group

SugarMedia said:
So who is using Kimber Cables/IC's, and with what results?
I'm using kimber select speaker cable, ks 3035, its a hybrid copper, silver cable that I got a great price from a friend that needed some cash. Compared to the monster m2.4s, (which for the money i found to be a great cable, especially with the incredible discount I got on them, around $200), the kimber give me a much larger soundstage and much tighter bass, which I was skeptical about at first since most silver capables tend to be higher pitched. I'm not saying they are necessarily worth full price, but they are definitely great cables. PS I use the same hybrid ks ic's, (rca & xlr) for the complete package.

PPS, Its a double run so that I can still bi-wire the odysseys, and kimber tied them off at the amp end, bananas at amp, spades at speakers.

My Aerius I's have monster cable on the inside. Says Moster cable right on the jacket.

Latest posts

Back