What happend to my CLS1 panels??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hassebasse75

Reaction score
In my waiting for new panels for my CLS1 speakers. The Norwegian dealer suggested for me to clean my old panels with airpressure. I have allways vacumed them. But thought what can go wrong.
I used airgun, and blew on them in an 45 degree angle. At first I did not see it, only a pattern wich I thought was from the airgun. Then I was suggested to shower clean them. And then I could see something had been loosen inside the stator, on the backside, behind the metalpanel. Looks like tape/plastic stripes that has twirled and curled up. They looks like originally been placed vertically beside the boundary for the bass Field. What to do now?
New panels are hopefully on their way, But the dealer has not yet given me any delivery date.

Attachments

• IMG_5778.MOV
    45.8 MB
3DB1D2D5-4C43-444D-A93A-1D7B50A475D5.jpeg
3C2B451C-3DB7-49A1-BA2E-4A2C3AFD0D92.jpegBF650278-3E8E-47A0-B0CE-702CFC707965.jpeg75400596-6CD0-4230-8ADE-417D1280976C.jpeg3DB1D2D5-4C43-444D-A93A-1D7B50A475D5.jpeg

Yes!! Thanks!
But mine strips have really curled up and also gotten twisted. I just don’t see how to straighten them out, so I can glue them again. And it feels strange to glue them to the stator….??

Just so I have the Words right.
The mylar is the «celofan-membrane», and the stator are the curved metalplate with holes….? 😅

I have not mounted them again, and don’t think I dare!

Where are you located I have a friend in Oakland California who can and does rebuild the mylar in between the stators and probably less than your new panels would cost let me know

Attachments

• IMG_3742.jpg
    IMG_3742.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 16
Norway! 😅 I have ordered and paid for a new set of panels. But it takes som time for them to arrive!
Think I could see something on Facebook also. A guy in Italy with a jigg like that.

But thanks for the offer! 😊👍

I suspect those twisted pieces of 'spaghetti' are what once were your 'spars', small insulating strips to keep mylar taunt and away from the stator.

Await the arrival of your new panels with glee and anticipation ! :)

Back