What are your favorite rock song intros?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tav1

Reaction score
Thought this might stir some discussion. What are your favorite rock song introductions? List as many as you like.

Mine are: Frankenstein by The Edgar Winter Group, Hello, I Love You by The Doors, and Space Truckin' by Deep Purple.

"Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, i know it's a Cliche!!

Actually not too hard to play, which is why it shouldn't be played in guitar shops - not doing so prevents salesman inflicting damage on either themselves or the player. They've heard it that many times. Have mercy...:D

Last edited:
I always liked the intro to Van Halen's "Hot for teacher" The drums remind me of how a nitro burning dragster's engine sounds at idle.

I love the smell of nitromethane in the morning...smells like victory. :D

Here's one we all missed:

Smoke on the Water-Deep Purple

Maybe the most recognizable intro in rock???

not really much of an intro but always very joyful to listen to from the first notes on..
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ogrSzAT-JCo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
and it's Finnish :bowdown:

Sweet Child 'O Mine - Guns'n'Roses
Long Road Out of Eden - Eagles
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
School & Child of Vision - Supertramp
Blue Monday '88 - New Order
Porcelin - Moby (this is my iPhone ring tone)
Radar Love - Golden Earring
Fleurs Du Mal - Sarah Brightman

.. just to name a few.. sometimes I just go through song intros on my desktop headphone system.. gotta love it!

Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Eli's Coming - Three Dog Night
Mama Told Me Not To Come - (same)
Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
Magic Carpet Ride - (same)

(yeah, I'm old as dirt)

Fell on Black Days - Soundgarden
Harder to Breath - Maroon 5

Wall of Denial - Stevie Ray
Cryin in the rain - Whitesnake
Vertigo-U2
Voodoo Child - Stevie Ray
China Grove-Doobies

Last edited:
Blue Collar Suicide by The Refreshments

I'm likely to appreciate a catchy, well written, very simple guitar part that just repeats itself over the entire intro chord progression. Like Round Here by Counting Crows. (August and Everything After album version)

ben
:rocker:

THe Best....IMO...... Steppenwolf 'Live' LP......Hey Lawdy Mamma / Magic Carpet Ride

Back