Washed my panels now I have no sound?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tiberium

I was reading several tweaks and one of them that I thought I would try would be washing my panels to see if any debris would come off and improve the sound. So I take off the panels which is straight forward and give them a nice spray down in the shower with luke warm water, after letting them dry for 4 hours and with the help of a hair dryer I hooked everything back up and to my surprise there was no sound.

So where do I go from here?

This happened to me with my Scenarios after I washed them. I let them dry for about 12 hours, and tried hooking them all back up. I applied power, and no sound. Turned out they were not quite dry, and I needed to wait a whole additional day to try them again. I assumed the water was shorting the panel somewhere.

After the added day drying, they worked great.

Dehumidifier works wonders....... Also ML is now shipping a Cloth that goes over the speaker if your not using them. Pretty cool idea, but a Air Duster(Compressed Air) does a great job with out having to wash panels, as does a good vacum cleaner.

Let them dry for a long time

I let my panels dry for a week before using them, because the foam that seperates the stators retains water for quite some time.

because the foam that seperates the stators retains water for quite some time.

I was wondering about that so I pulled off the rails to get at the foam but that damaged the foam so now where do I get new foam from? I think washing my panels was a huge mistake and I would not want anyone else to do the same.

How much do new panels cost for the ascent i's? Obviously I ruined mine so I will be needing new ones.

Tiberium said:
I was wondering about that so I pulled off the rails to get at the foam but that damaged the foam so now where do I get new foam from? I think washing my panels was a huge mistake and I would not want anyone else to do the same.
I believe that is just double-sided sticky foam that is between the panels and the frames. Should be easy to replace with some from a craft store of the proper thickness. But best to check with ML... or maybe someone else can jump in here to verify.

After washing mine, I ran fans blowing on my panels for 2-3 hours per side, with one fan on top and the other on the bottom of the panel. Installed and they just worked. Washing the panels made a big difference with my Sequel's and they are still working to this day.

Dan

Tiberium said:
How much do new panels cost for the ascent i's? Obviously I ruined mine so I will be needing new ones.
Hola. I think that your panels are still wet... why don´t you put them in your back yard or basement. Avoid to expose the panels direct to sunlight. Look for a well ventilated area and drink some patience pill. As soon as they will dry, you will have them back alived. You can ask Jim at ML the price for them. His e-mail is [email protected]
Hope this can help...
Roberto.

Well jim said the panels are $559/ pair plus shipping within the US this includes a 5 year warranty. I think I will go this route because the panels are only good for a couple of years anyways. I just wish I would have known about the martin logan maintenance before a bought into it.

Latest posts

Back