wash cls

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

greycat52

Hello I have a old pair of CLS ,I have read about washing other martin logans
in the shower will this be possible for the CLS.Do you wash the stators and
mylars or just the mylar.How do you remove the panel from the wooded
frame. any information would be helpfull
thanks greycat52

If you look in the "Tweaks" forum, there is a PDF file that outlines the whole process for a pair of Sequels. You might start by reading that to get an overall picture of the procedure. I am not sure about the specifics of the CLS model and if the rail removal differs from the other models.

dyazdani said:
If you look in the "Tweaks" forum, there is a PDF file that outlines the whole process for a pair of Sequels. You might start by reading that to get an overall picture of the procedure. I am not sure about the specifics of the CLS model and if the rail removal differs from the other models.

CLS don't have rails, they have a frame. you apparently remove the panel by putting your knee in it and pushing.

i have never done this.

however i beleive that jeff has when he bought new panels from ML. he mentioned he might put a panel removal/insertion guide up, but i don't think he has had time.

I believe Jeff Z talked with Jim Powers at ML about this, and I thought I remember Jim stating to only wash/rinse the FRONT side of the CLS stator. Something about the pieces they stick on the back of the stator to give it strength. Hopefully Jeff will jump in here to confirm.

Dan

Dan,

You are correct. I believe this has to do more with the age of the panel and the possiblilty of loosening the "stiffeners" from the back. It's more of a precaution as to not create a new problem..

I do have the instructions and I can post the original ones or the edited version that I did for ML. The entire panel comes out as one piece and is not that bad just a lot of nervous sweating involved. :D

Jeff :cool:

Back