Want to purchase ESL 13A (Used or New)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejspain

Reaction score
Anyone know of places to purchase slightly used (refurbished/open box) or new ML 13A's. Love Love Love the speaker but my objective is not to pay full price. :unsure:

Anyone know of places to purchase slightly used (refurbished/open box) or new ML 13A's. Love Love Love the speaker but my objective is not to pay full price. :unsure:
I just read a new post on here just awhile ago where one of our members said that he was "moving on from his 13As" and looking to sell. He also said that he had a nice Sanders amp he would sell with it too. See if you can find that thread. It was a very recent post.

lcouplin is the person on here that is selling the speakers and amp, you might be interested. He offered them together I think for $14,000.

Anyone know of places to purchase slightly used (refurbished/open box) or new ML 13A's. Love Love Love the speaker but my objective is not to pay full price.
Hello, We always offer great discounts for forum members. If you look through the forums I believe youll see we work really hard to give all our customers great service and pricing. DaVinci has been a Martin Logan Masterpiece dealer for over 20 years and a forum member and supporter for almost 15 years. I am always happy to help forum members in any way I can. I can be reached by phone, text or email. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Shawn

yup...time to change. I have had ML since original CLS and have gone through many iterations.
I am in So. Cali, ventura area and have both the 13A and a Magtec. sell both for $14k. I have all the boxes and packing. will be selling Morrow XLR MA-7 and other cabling too.
best wishes to all.
oh...as to why...we recently acquired a dog. I had kept the 'socks' on the 13 and taken them off for listening. now I keep them on full time and only remove for periodically vacuuming session. Wife & I have retired...our lives have changed and so have our priorities.

yup...time to change. I have had ML since original CLS and have gone through many iterations.
I am in So. Cali, ventura area and have both the 13A and a Magtec. sell both for $14k. I have all the boxes and packing. will be selling Morrow XLR MA-7 and other cabling too.
best wishes to all.
oh...as to why...we recently acquired a dog. I had kept the 'socks' on the 13 and taken them off for listening. now I keep them on full time and only remove for periodically vacuuming session. Wife & I have retired...our lives have changed and so have our priorities.
WOW sounds like a great deal. How long have you had the 13A's and do you have a few pics?

Hello, We always offer great discounts for forum members. If you look through the forums I believe youll see we work really hard to give all our customers great service and pricing. DaVinci has been a Martin Logan Masterpiece dealer for over 20 years and a forum member and supporter for almost 15 years. I am always happy to help forum members in any way I can. I can be reached by phone, text or email. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Shawn
Would love to chat about your options.

yes. stereo version. thanks for responding...wife has me busy

Yeah, I was wondering the same...
Maybe the wife really loves the dog... in which case he must really love the wife... so the 13A's have to go.

Or must be a big dog!
WOOF!!!
RJ
Dog is about 55-60 lbs depending upon intake & activity level. He is a flat-coat (flat coatted in some circles) retriever. He has a couple of border collie traits and behaviors, something he has some in his family lineage. Basically they are like an east coast version of a golden, without the goof-ball playfulness of the Golden. Super energetic and loves activity...very intelligent. Super friendly.loves the ball activities.
As I am near 70 yrs and have been retired for 11, our priorities have changed. The complicated operation of the current system is overwhelming for my wife (50+ years) and our children want nothing to do with the system as it is, so I am looking forward and seeing the burden all this will be for wife & family.
Best wishes to all
Loren Dawn and Mocha

meet Mocha

Attachments

• 20220328_192854.jpg
    20220328_192854.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211104_185943.jpg
    20211104_185943.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 0
Now that's one outstanding furry fella! Almost human like face! What's not to love...
Other than ML's stats of course!
Yes, I understand your changes in priorities. Fair enough.

Music and high quality reproduction is a very important part of my life, it's more like a form of therapy than anything else. Also keeps me in balance. Having said that, we can still enjoy the music rather than spending over a 150grand to get there... and it never ends! The amount of lengths some people go to, it's unbelievable and yet they're still not satisfied! This I refer to as getting caught up in the gear... obviously lost focus of music altogether, so why bother?

Thinking ahead here as well, far too much tube gear... maintenance in such audio gear & top line stats will be inevitable. Will most probably downsize back to SS amplifiers and some refurbed Apogee's, call it a day until I lose my hearing. Those who know me fairly well though have said Big Dog will be buried with his CLX's and all that golden CJ tube gear... ha! Maybe. That would be one very deep crater to dig. They'll need a Caterpillar!

Until then, I truly hope you're still enjoying the music though, in some form or the other.
Woof! RJ

Tubes....been there, built that...

I am pretty done with the merry-go-round of equipment. We can afford the lifestyle, just too never-ending.
Jumping off.

Will listen to LS60's....seem user friendly for wife or kids and are not floor consuming.

Wishing you all the best

Loren

Tubes....been there, built that...

I am pretty done with the merry-go-round of equipment. We can afford the lifestyle, just too never-ending.
Jumping off.

Will listen to LS60's....seem user friendly for wife or kids and are not floor consuming.

Wishing you all the best

Loren
I've found automobiles to be that way too. Once you buy a sports car and modify it, the same thing happens. I've recently pulled back from that and just trying to stay happy with the car as it is.

Did you have a similar situation with cars? With me now its my Porsche 911 turbo. I've seen quite a few of us on here are both audiophiles and car nuts. I'm only 52 though.

Back