Want to purchase a Decent CD player

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Cambridge Azur CDp lately. There are quite a few options at that price point. Rega, Rotel, older Arcam, CAL, etc...

Go to Audiogon.com. If you see some things you like on the used market, I subscribe to the audio blue book and would be happy to give you the avg used values.

Rega Planet

As an owner of a Rega Planet, I can tell you that I have been very pleased. I haved owned it for several years & still think it compares favorably w/ others I have heard. You can find them used on several sites including Audiogon & eBay w/in your budget. Good luck & good Listening.

The used Sony ES SACD models can be found for under $500 and play redbook well and SACD very well. They come with a 5 year transferable warranty as long as you posess the original receipt. Make sure you ask for the original store receipt. Some recommended models are:

Sony SACD 222ES 5 disc less than $300
Sony SACD 333ES 5 disc around $300
Sony SACD 555ES 5 disc around $500
Sony NS999ES DVD SACD player less than $500
Sony DVP 9000ES older but well built and does 2 channel SACD very well and respectable DVD <$500
Sony DVP NC555ES 5 disc DVD CD and SACD <$250

I've owned the 222ES and currently use the 333ES. I consider them to be a good value on the used market.

Good luck

Happy Rotel customer

I have the Rotel RCC-955 changer. This is a nice sounding player and a good value. I bought a Channel Islands VDA-2 DAC and power supply, a $750. "upgrade", and sent it back because I couldn't hear any difference.

rampage60 said:
I just picked my New NAD C542 ! :)
Congrats !! Let us know how it performs since my son is in the market and that one falls in his range.

So far the NAD brings out and extends the lower octives and able the present the highs with awsome details. Mids are strong but pleasant. I'm very pleased with it's performance! :)

rampage60 said:
I just picked my New NAD C542 ! :)

Audio Blue Book shows that anywhere in the area of $330.00 would be a fantastic price. High tracked sale was $410.00.

Back