Waiting sucks (new vehicle ordered)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiophiliac

Reaction score
Well I went in and ordered a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X today. I hope its here by Christmas! Anyway, I just thought I would brag a bit. Its gonna be a fun, never ending, money sucking, project...but it will be a blast! So i had to put other plans on hold....like high end audio stuff....but thats ok...later is still better than never. :rocker:

Waiting sucks but anticipation is under rated. Sounds like you'll have a nice Christmas.

What kind of mods are you gonna put on your Jeep?

Well 2 months minimum seems normal. Im not too concerned about the wait. I knew what to expect before jumping into it so its not an issue. I am patient and I have the VW to drive....

as far as mods go, first things first...lift, wheels, tires, roll cage, and recovery gear.....and then Ill slowly start doing things like armor (bumpers, sliders, etc), upgrades (transfer case, axles, drivelines, suspension, etc), and misc. items like seat covers, storage security, audio, etc...etc....I want to make it as capable as I can off road while still being fairly practical and mostly legal to drive on the streets. ;)

If so, then why didn't you order the Rubicon model?? After all your mods, e.g. lockers, axles, you will have a vehicle with a price tag similar to the Rubicon minus LIFETIME WARRANTY.

I would have ended up replacing all the stock Rubicon parts anyway....so better to start with the base model and build it up. Sure the warranty is an issue, but not really...Im sure theyll find reasons to deny lots of claims based on mods anyway....so its not a concern of mine.

All I have to say is JEEP:

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Nik
3161.jpg

5961.jpg

Well I went in and ordered a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X today. I hope its here by Christmas! Anyway, I just thought I would brag a bit. Its gonna be a fun, never ending, money sucking, project...but it will be a blast! So i had to put other plans on hold....like high end audio stuff....but thats ok...later is still better than never. :rocker:

Man, I'm really jealous!!! I owned a Jeep Wrangler many years ago in Dallas and it was the best 4x4xfar. They hold value, easy to work on, never go out of style, chicks dig em', you're a sun king, the sky is your roof, doors come off for added fun and you can drive over anything.

I've been eyeing the 2008 Wrangler Rubincon and if I make it back to a warm US state, I'll have one again.

Be sure you get a subscription to a monthly jeep magazine as they have a ton of fun add ons you can order.

I know what you mean by money sucking, project...

I calculated I have around 20K invested in my SVT Lightning. :eek:

p1.jpg

whipple3.jpg

whipple4.jpg

Ive already got about $5k worth of stuff picked out...and thats just suspension lift, wheels, tires, and a speedometer/odometer programmer. :)

Audiophiliac,

You gotta meet my friend, he's very much into these type of cars (er Jeeps). It was very interesting to run by this thread and see the same type of vehicles he gushes over every time I'm over his place.

Joey :)

Back