Voyage or Frescos?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DJE55

Which speaker would you guys use for your rear surrounds? I have Ascent i's for the front with a Theater i center, DD-15 sub. I don't have a ton of room on the side walls for my surrounds so I have to go with something smaller than Scripts. Which speakers would you use for your surrounds?

Well obviously if you looking for a surround speaker for the ascent the Script “i” is the best choice, but your worried they will be too big. The fresco is a good alterative to the script; it is a smaller on wall speaker that is a good tonal match to the ascent. The voyage is a grate looking speaker and definitely looks to be a cut above the fresco’s performance wise, but I have never heard a pair, so I can’t say how well they will match up to the ascent. The technology of the fresco and voyage is the same so I would think if fresco works the voyage would work just as well.

I would seriously consider the Voyage as a grate alterative to the Script, I like that its 91db efficient and can play 40-20,000khz. Which ever you get I think you will be more then happy.

Fresco.

Voyage you can't play with placement. Fresco you can.

Fresco imho is better with less work than a Script for surrounds.

Thanks guys! I think I am running with the Fresco's for the rear. I would have loved to put the scripts back there but the room just doesn't allow it.

Back