Vista with Velodyne SPL800R or Vantage with no sub?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

techno_guru

Some advice would be most appreciated. I have decided on either a Vantage or Vista, however I do not which way to go. I currently own a Velodyne SPL800R, which has room correction and will play down to about 24HZ. Should I pair this with a Vista and save myself some cash, or should I sell the Velodyne and go for the Vantage.

Does anyone know which combo would sound best in a medium-sized listening room? I am using all Ayre components (power amp is rated at 150wpc).

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Good morning "Techno", If you have a sub that satisfies your bass needs then I say ....save the cash!! You can put it towards other neat stuff down the road !!

Save the money and get the Vista. You did not indicate whether you will use the setup for home theater, but the sub is essential for that. $1200 will get you a nice disk player. Plus the Velo gives you much better control over the bass since you can place it anywhere you want it where it sounds optimum.

Back