Vista vs. Aeon i's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neo

Reaction score
Does anybody know the real differences between the new Vistas which are replacing the Aeon's?

I bought a pair of Aeon's last year.. I'm happy with their performance, but I would love to know if it's really worth moving to Vistas. I might be able to talk to Magnolia folks to swap me a pair.

Neo said:
Does anybody know the real differences between the new Vistas which are replacing the Aeon's?

I bought a pair of Aeon's last year.. I'm happy with their performance, but I would love to know if it's really worth moving to Vistas. I might be able to talk to Magnolia folks to swap me a pair.
Hola...both are great speakers, but the new Stat is the clue. So new crossover and new stat panels makes the Vista better to my ears too. Resolution and stage, air between instruments are more vivid with the Vista, and I think it is because the panel is exposed complete, no part of the speaker cabinet is blocking it...the new panel is more dynamic and extended at high frequency, and my ears loves it! also it comes with a new aluminum woofer, that ML claims it with less distortion...my 2 cents...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

A/B listening experience Vista vs. Aeon-i

Finally had a chance to do a A/B listening test between the Vista and the Aeon-i at my local Magnolia store.

My views are of course very subjective. My listening preference is classical - and I am not into "home theater" or special effects. The "test" was done listening to a CD of a chamber quartet, which revealed all the subleties that the ESL panels bring to the fore.

After some 20 minutes of listening...going back and forth between A and B... I felt that both speakers are excellent and - to my ears - the differences are very subtle between them.

Having said that, I agree that the Vista has a slightly larger, more definitive sound stage. To my ears, the bass sounded the same from both speakers.

So paying more...gets you a bit more... but in my own case I would not trade in my Aeon-i for the Vista (especially since I got the $2,500. close-out deal on the Aeon-i) ... the jump in cost is not commensurate with the incremental improvement in staging. But that's moi... and you might feel different.

So I suggest - let your ears be the judge and try an A/B test before you splurge!

cvj

cvj said:
Finally had a chance to do a A/B listening test between the Vista and the Aeon-i at my local Magnolia store.

What electronics did you hear both pairs with?

//p

cvj, I am confused. You mention a jump in cost. I thought the Vistas are about the same price -- about $2,500 --(after discount) as the Aeon-i s. If the Vistas are better, why is the Aeon-i the better deal? And aren't the Vistas easier to drive and have better dispersal? What am I missing?

Now the Vantage is double the price for essentially better bass.

Daryl Zero said:
cvj, I am confused. You mention a jump in cost. I thought the Vistas are about the same price -- about $2,500 --(after discount) as the Aeon-i s. If the Vistas are better, why is the Aeon-i the better deal? And aren't the Vistas easier to drive and have better dispersal? What am I missing?

Now the Vantage is double the price for essentially better bass.

Hola. the U.S. retail price for the Vista is $ 3.695.00 black ash or dark cherry, if you want different color as Maple and Natural Cherry you have to add $300.00 more. Hope this can help...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

roberto said:
Hola. the U.S. retail price for the Vista is $ 3.695.00 black ash or dark cherry, if you want different color as Maple and Natural Cherry you have to add $300.00 more. Hope this can help...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.[/QUOTE

And the Aeon-is are selling for $2.495. at my local Magnolia - thus the difference in price is more than $1,200.-

I think the Aeon-i s are a steal at this price :D

cvj said:
roberto said:
Pura vida,
Roberto.[/QUOTE

And the Aeon-is are selling for $2.495. at my local Magnolia - thus the difference in price is more than $1,200.-

I think the Aeon-i s are a steal at this price :D
Yes, you are right, :D that is because it is a discontinued model...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back