Vista or Vantage (again)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liffy99

Reaction score
Just sold my Prodigies as needed something a bit smaller for my 20x13 room (firing across the width). Was thinking of either the Vista or Vantage. As I have two Lyngdorf power amps (200w/ch/8ohm each) I could bi-amp the Vistas (as I did the Prodigies). Or just use one for the stat section of the Vantage. Seems a waste not to use both amps.

Any views on the way to go (I don't really want a sub if I can help it - more wires, more furniture etc etc) ?

Cheers

Go used summits after prodigies I think these would make you happy there are great deals to be had on these puppies right now.I have no sub with my spires and love it and the summits have even more bass!

Last edited:
I agree with Fishman. After Prodigies, I am not sure Vista or Vantage will quite do it for you. Have you demoed these speakers to know whether you will be satisfied with them? Summits ought to be going for decent markdowns right now on the used market.

Summits just too expensive in the UK !
Prodigies were not giving their best in my room - not sure if Summits would be more of the same. Vistas / Vantages hopefully better sizewise.

Summits just too expensive in the UK !
Prodigies were not giving their best in my room - not sure if Summits would be more of the same. Vistas / Vantages hopefully better sizewise.

Hola...I still have both Prodigies and Vantages. I do like what I get from Vantage. This is just my liking and not necessary yours. Why? They are easier to drive and easy to put them to sing in my room. I do like very much the new stat micro-perf technology. And believe me, Vantage sound is very near to Summit sound, in a very using just listening to music and over all type of music. If you do a very deep listening tests, then some might like the Vantage and other might like the Prodigy. Both are great speakers!!!Happy listening,
Roberto.

I have had the Vista and the Vantage. Go for Vantage. The gap between Vista and Vantage is huge. The gap between Vantage and Summit is much smaller..
The Vantage is a perfect speaker

I have had the Vista and the Vantage. Go for Vantage. The gap between Vista and Vantage is huge. The gap between Vantage and Summit is much smaller..
The Vantage is a perfect speaker

I tend to agree. I have both Vista and Vantages and I like the Vantages alot better.

Back