VISTA is HERE!! OFFICIAL PRESS KIT from MartinLogan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Here's the official word from MartinLogan regarding the Vista.

Enjoy!!

Tom.

Attachments

• Vista_Front_3Quarter.jpg
    Vista_Front_3Quarter.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 2,075
More...

Photos, press release and launch event PDF

Attachments

• Vista_Rear_3Quarter.jpg
    Vista_Rear_3Quarter.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 1,190
  • Vista_Press_Release_usa.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 670
  • Vista_Postcard.pdf
    135.1 KB · Views: 553
  • Vista_Lifestyle.jpg
    Vista_Lifestyle.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 1,651
COOL! It is finally released! Now ML has some ammo for the ~$3K crowd!

Tom... did you get the stats on it, is it the same woofer and panel as the Vantage? I see a conventional port... that must mean that the tuning is also different.

Or is the Vista basically a Vantage without the amp?

Edit:
Now I'm really baffled. The Vista weighs MORE than the Vantages? And is as tall as the Vantages - meaning that more than likely - if the cabinets are the exact same - the panel on the Vista is bigger?

Yet, the Vantage goes a whole 10hz lower...?

Me thinks something is wrong with the spec sheet...

OR...

It could be that the Vista uses a much larger enclosure cabinet - and this would account for the weight + they must've used it to add to the tuning of the woofer. Lastly, I think that a larger cabinet yields that partial panel-over-the-cabinet look.

Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Joey_V said:
COOL! It is finally released! Now ML has some ammo for the ~$3K crowd!

Tom... did you get the stats on it, is it the same woofer and panel as the Vantage? I see a conventional port... that must mean that the tuning is also different.

Or is the Vista basically a Vantage without the amp?

Edit:
Now I'm really baffled. The Vista weighs MORE than the Vantages? And is as tall as the Vantages - meaning that more than likely - if the cabinets are the exact same - the panel on the Vista is bigger?

Yet, the Vantage goes a whole 10hz lower...?

Me thinks something is wrong with the spec sheet...

OR...

It could be that the Vista uses a much larger enclosure cabinet - and this would account for the weight + they must've used it to add to the tuning of the woofer. Lastly, I think that a larger cabinet yields that partial panel-over-the-cabinet look.

Makes sense to me.

The Vista uses the same X-Stat panel as the Vantage. Both are 40" (102cm).

The Vista has a different 8" cone for bass, and no amp.

Meanwhile at work we got our first "Tickets," in. The cheapest ML ever has no electrostat or ATF. $399 for this ultrasmall in-wall (for a ML). It does sound better than the $699 per in-wall from Niles we have, sounds as good as the high end PSB (which is more expensive).

I'll let you guys know my thoughts on a Vista when we get ours.

I feel this will be my next speaker as well.

ovature said:
This thing is ugly! MLs used to look like sculptures. Now they look like panels attached to ugly boxes. I auditioned this thing and the bass was boomy and the the highs were over extended. I will gladly keep my SL3s, thank you. Vistas might be OK for HT, but lousy for 2 channel. I am using a Mac c2200 tube pre-amp, Mac 400 watt SS amp, Sony SCD77es SACD player
If the highs were over extended and the bass boomy, blame the room, and or setup because the new line of speakers are anything but boomy.

At first I did not like the look of the new speakers, but the look has grown on me, and I have fallen in love with the new look. I like that the mass of the panel has been scaled back to the point that they practically diaper into the room both audibly and visually.

Back