Very new to Martin Logans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Yamaha RSX2600 receiver powering some Pinnacle BD1000's and it just didn't have the power to push them properly. I've also owned the Denon 3805 which seemed slightly better, but once again not with ML's. The old 4802 Denon (140 wpc) DID power my Sequel II's well (better than the B&K AVR307 to be honest). I now own a Krell 400 xi with my Aeon i's (waiting on it's return from Krell due to Fedex dropping the box and possibly causing a loose connection somewhere inside).

Even if the Krell didn't sound any different than the 4802 (although it is light years ahead in clarity and definition), the darn thing is gorgeous..and it is a Krell. (Like I have said before I love the shiny thingies lol).

Hi Jobo,
I'll throw my 2 cents worth in.. if the room is 10x15, you'll do fine with the Clarity/Fresco/Vignette. I would probably go with the new centre channel and go one up from the Grotto on the sub.
Someone suggested the Rotel 1067. I have this unit and it does have plenty of power for the room size. If you want a little more kick, you can take a look at the Sunfire TGR-3 (that would be my first choice). A reciever gives you a simpler setup.
As far as cabling goes, I'd take a look at AntiCables. For the distance you'll need for the rears, you cant beat the price point. You will find that you can eat up $15K pretty fast!
Good Luck! Whatever you get, I am sure you'll be pleased.

Thanks for all the help, and I understand where you are coming from regarding not using ML. I will look at others, but want to do everything possible to go with ML.

Here is an idea, let me know what you think (if it would suit my needs, not be enough, or be overkill).

Center: Cinema i / Fresco i
Front: Vantage / Clarity
Rear: Script i / Vignette
Sub: Depth i / Grotto

Receiver: ? Is any Yamaha, Denon, etc. OK??? Or any suggestions on this.
Amp: I do not really understand this concept (so do these plug into the receiver?) And do I need one for just the fonts or all speakers? Wow, I feel pathetically dumb right now . . .

whole system

I have entire system for sale
Ascent
grotto
two frescos
cinema

If interested please call me at 609 937-0973
I have all the original boxes and warranties which are still good
thanks
Tim P

I have entire system for sale
Ascent
grotto
two frescos
cinema

If interested please call me at 609 937-0973
I have all the original boxes and warranties which are still good
thanks
Tim P

Hope all is ok there Tim... Are you selling the SimAudio Titan? Tell me about it either way... I LOVE the MOON gear! Someday!!!

Response

I am not selling the simaudio titan.
things are fine
I am just upgrading to summits
descent i(s)
and newer center channel

I have upgrade my home theater as well with Runco 1080 p projector and 110" stewart screen.

Thanks for asking
Tim

I am not selling the simaudio titan.
things are fine
I am just upgrading to summits
descent i(s)
and newer center channel

I have upgrade my home theater as well with Runco 1080 p projector and 110" stewart screen.

NICE!! That is going to be SWEET! How do you like the Titan? As I said I am a big fan of SimAudio and the MOON line! I like the way it looks and the name/names of the models! ;)

Back