Velodyne subs compared to ML subs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclone

Reaction score
I am now using two Velodyne FX12 subs one for each channel with my ML Sequel II's. Would using 2 ML depths in the same manner be a big upgrade I've never heard a ML sub before I've heard they are quick has anybody any experience with both subs?

You should go demo some subs and find out what sounds good to you.

Maybe Two Descents would be and up-grade...

cyclone said:
I am now using two Velodyne FX12 subs one for each channel with my ML Sequel II's. Would using 2 ML depths in the same manner be a big upgrade I've never heard a ML sub before I've heard they are quick has anybody any experience with both subs?
cyclone,

First, :D Welcome to the ML Club!
I've auditioned ML's - Depth with Ascent i's and Acent i's with a Descent is what I own. I have also auditioned a Velodyne with B&W speakers. IMHO, the Velodynes FX12 or 15's are more compairalbe to ML Descent, as far a bass punch volume and sevo-power and quickness. I would think two Descents would be an up-grade over two Velodyne FX12's, but that's my guess... ;)

Ultimately, I think you would have to audition for yourself, see what you think for your own ears... ;)

HTH

Last edited:
Tiberium said:
You should go demo some subs and find out what sounds good to you.
Agreed....And also audition them at home if possible. Like all audio components we each have our own preferences and likes.

Dan

Latest posts

Back